Chapter 25 ♛ Mike's Dead

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

A groaning sound left my lips as I stared into the empty refrigerator, "I really hope he brings food on his way home." I sighed to myself before shutting the refrigerator door.

Jake, Sam and Colby had left to go meet up with Jennifer to get the key to her Grandpa's cabin, while I stayed back for two reasons. First reason is that I'm on my period, and I hate going out when I'm on it. And second is that I don't really care to ever see her again.

Even Corey doesn't like the next trip the guys have planned for us, so that's why he has been avoiding them lately. I feel the same way, because who the hell will take up an offer from a random stranger to go to their haunted cabin that's in the middle of nowhere. Oh yeah, especially when it's located in a place called "The Witches Forest". Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on inside those two heads.

The doorbell to Colby's apartment rang, causing my eyes to flutter over to the door. I raised an eyebrow as I stared at it. I knew it wasn't any of the guys, because they took a key with them before they left. Plus, Colby didn't mention anyone coming to visit us tonight. So, I honestly don't know who it could be.

"Colby?" A familiar, deep raspy voice called out for my boyfriend from behind the door.

"Mike?" I whispered to myself before opening the door.

There stood Mike with nothing but tears rolling down his puffy face. His knuckles were bruised with a few open gash wounds. A crimson colored fluid was running down his fingertips before dripping onto the floor, forming small pools of his own DNA.

"Mike, what the heck happened?!" I questioned him, panic and concern dripping from my voice.

"I-I... is Colby here?" He asked me, strutting.

"No, he should be back soon though." I said, checking the clock on the wall, "Mike, what happened though?" I questioned him again.

He slightly shook his head, biting down on his bottom lip. I knew that he was struggling internally with himself at the moment. He wanted to tell me, but his mind was so cluttered that he didn't even know where to start.

"Here." I said as I gently grabbed his left wrist and brought him to the hallway bathroom, "Sit." I ordered him as I pointed to the covered toilet seat which he did without a problem.

I ran the sink water first before pulling out the first aid kit and setting it down on the bathroom counter top. I brought up a small cloth and damped it before making my way back to him.

"This might hurt a little." I told him as I got down on my knees in front of him.

"I know." He sighed deeply. My lips formed into a pout, because I know he has been through this before since he made that comment.

I took my time and gently cleaned the wounds and dried blood off of his skin. He quietly watched my every move as I continued to tend to him, yet sometimes he would let out a few groans and moans if I wasn't being so gentle with him.

"I'm going to wrap them up in gauze, if that's okay with you." I said, causing his dark eyes to meet mine.

"It is." He whispered.

I slowly wrapped up both of his hands with the leftover gauze we had from Colby's altercation from the Ritual Tunnel. Once I finished with him, I cleaned up the rest of the mess and then put everything back where it belonged.

I decided to sit on the floor across from him with my back resting against the wall, because I wanted to get the story out of him.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" I asked him, "I'm not going to judge you or tell anyone about this either." I added, hoping that it would bring him some sort of trust between us.