Chapter 28 ♛ Witches Forest pt. 3

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

I blankly stared at the colorless wall as I felt every emotion at once, but somehow at the same time I couldn't feel any of them. And I can't explain to you how that is possible.

"Here." A soft voice spoke as a small teal mug was placed in front of me.

"Thank you." I whispered, "But I don't like tea."

"I know." She lightly giggled, causing me to eye her, "It's apple juice." She whispered with a sweet wink.

"Oh." I mumbled before taking a small sip of it.

"As your friends try looking for the key, I wanted to know if I could talk to you about some personal stuff?" The witch asked.

"Sure." I said as I set the cup down.

"Yesterday, I never really got to explain myself about what I saw or heard about you, Atmosphere." She paused, taking in a deep breath, "There's something surrounding you... something dark."

"Don't have to tell me that, I already know." I sighed as I shook my head.

"But do you truly know?" She questioned me.

"What do you mean?" I eyed her.

A deep sigh left her thin lips, " I know you had a terrible upbringing. Father was an abusive alcoholic..."

I quickly cut her off, "How do you know this?" I questioned her.

"You can learn a lot about a person's past just by looking at them. The way they react to the smallest things or how they carry themselves." She explained, "You are a strong and beautiful young woman, but you're letting your past destroy your future."

"I don't have a future." I mumbled.

"Everyone has a future, Atmosphere." She said, "You are just stuck in this bad headspace..."

"Why are you telling me this?" I questioned her, with a hint of anger in my voice, "Like, why?!"

"Because I need to." She whispered, "Before you even got here, I had this feeling about you. And the funny fact is that I didn't even know you existed prior to meeting you. But you have this energy that's rare. What I mean by that is that you bring a light wherever you go."

"How can I be a light when I'm constantly surrounded by darkness?" I asked.

"That's what sucks about being the light sometimes. You're always too busy trying to be the light for everyone else's darkness that you let yourself be consumed by your own."

A deep sigh left my lips this time, "I don't know."

"You know that  it's okay to be there for yourself first, right?" She asked.

"I just don't like doing that though." I admitted, "I feel selfish."

"Don't feel selfish." She said, "Remember, you have to put yourself first before anyone else, because they would do the same thing for themselves and you already know that."

My glossy eyes wandered over to my friends, "But." I whispered, my voice cracking.

"I'm not saying this is for no reason whatsoever. I'm saying this, because the brokenness that you feel inside is starting to show on the outside. No matter how much you try to hide it with that fake smile, it would always show." She said, almost warning me.

"I don't want to be broken anymore." I choked as my dark eyes met hers, "But I don't know who I am without it."

"You're afraid of losing the feeling, because that is the only thing that has ever been permanent in your entire life, correct?"