Chapter 11 ♛ Hold Me

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

"Colby, I'm not trying to fight with you right now." I spat at him, "I'm just trying to tell you how I feel about you going to that stupid ritual tunnel again."

He shook his head, "Atmosphere, I don't care if you don't feel comfortable with us going there. We made a promise and we have to keep it." He explained as he continued to pack up his backpack.

"Fuck that promise!" I yelled, "If it puts you and everyone else in harm's way then you shouldn't keep it."

"Atmosphere, I can't break promises!" He snapped, turning to face me, "I'm not like you." He mumbled the last part.

My breath hitched in the middle of my throat. I wanted to break down right there and then, because this is the second time someone has brought up that promise I broke, and it was Colby who brought it up this time. Meaning, he's still hurt by it and probably never really healed from my mistakes.

"I made one simple fucking mistake, and you and everyone else holds it against me!" I cried out as I took a step closer to him, "You told me you weren't  hurt by..."

He cut me off, "I was hurt, Atmosphere! And I still am!" He yelled as he took a step closer to me, "You fucking made out with one of my closest friends, when we were trying to fix us!" Pure anger and hatred were dripping from his voice, and it was all because of me.

"Colby, I apologize so many fucking times about that." I whispered, lowering my voice hoping he would do the same, "But you did far worse shit to me. You slept with so many girls behind my back, and you expected me to be okay with that! How the fuck can I be okay with that?!" I screamed, failing at my attempt to keep calm for the both of us.

"We weren't even together during those times..."

I cut him off this time, "But you fucking made me feel like we were!" I continued to scream as I got in his face, "So, fuck you and everyone else for holding that stupid kiss over my head when you have done and said far worst shit about me. But for some reason no one fucking bats an eye about it, expect for Jake!"

His shiny eyes were burning right through me as he quietly stood there, taking in all the anger and hatred I was putting out there for him to take in. His jaw was clenched along with both his fists, but I knew he would never physically hurt me, but maybe he will do that to himself. So that means I need to leave this situation as soon as possible before it gets very ugly and leaves one of us with the night sky sketched into our sensitive skins.

"You go to that stupid tunnel tonight, but don't come back and expect me to be here waiting for you as usual, cause I won't!" I spat before grabbing my cell phone.

"And where the fuck do you think you're going?!" He questioned me with a deep growl.

"Far away from you, asshole!" I hissed before slamming our bedroom door shut.

Tears clouded my vision as I made my way out of my apartment and over to Jake's. I knew it was so stupid of us to fight, especially before he leaves for one of his trips. But everything just went south once I expressed my concerns to him. I just hope everyone else who is going on this trip with him will come back home okay. But deep down, I know that will not be the case this time.

I wiped the remainder of my tears away before knocking on Jake's door. Jake and I had already planned earlier on hanging out with each other for the rest of the day, and I know he doesn't expect to see me this way right off the bat. So, this will be something for the both of us.

The door quickly opened revealing my best friend, but the smile on his face soon dropped once his life-filled eyes met my broken ones.

"Who do I need to kill?!" He hissed through his teeth.