Chapter 32 ♛ Ugly Truth

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

I was standing outside of Mike's apartment with the notebook that he had given me the night we decided to write a song together.

I was excited to show him what I had written so far, but I was also afraid that he might not like it one bit. And I know Mike's too sweet to tell me the honest truth about how he will feel about my lyrics, because he doesn't want to hurt my feelings, but I hope he's honest with me. It's something I need from at least one person in my life.

The door swung open, revealing my new favorite person in the entire world at this very moment, "Hey!" He beamed with joy before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hey!" I beamed back, "I'm nervous by the way." I shyly admitted to him.

"Don't be, Stormy." He smiled weakly while I rolled my eyes at my new nickname.

"I will never get used to that." I sighed softly.

"Come on." He chuckled, moving to the side and letting me in, "Do you want any water or anything before we get started?" He asked me.

"No, thank you though." I said, " I just really want to get started, but sorry if I'm being too eager." I apologized to him.

"You're not." He reassured, "I'm happy to see how excited you are to do this." He added. I gave him a weak smile, causing one to appear on his face as well.

We then slowly made our way into his music room, and over to where his desk was. I sat down in my usual spot as he did the same, the way we've been doing this for the past week now.

"Can I see it?" He asked as his eyes wandered down to my notebook.

"Yeah, but..." I paused for a second, "If it's bad, you have to be completely honest with me. Promise?" I slightly begged, "Like I will be able to take the criticism."

"Atmosphere, I promise you that I will be completely honest with you, but I have a feeling it will be amazing, so don't worry." He said.

"Okay." I breathed before handing him the notebook, "It's on the third page." I added.

Without wasting any time, he flipped through the notebook before stopping on the page I told him to stop at. His dark eyes skimmed the emotions I had poured out onto that simple paper. But I couldn't tell if he was vibin with them or not, because he had this emotionless expression plastered on his pale face.

"Can I hear you sing it?" He asked me in a begging tone without looking away from my notebook.

"I-I don't think..."

He rested his large hand on top of mine, "Atmosphere, what you wrote so far is really beautiful, and I just want to hear it for the first time through your voice only." He explained, "But only if you are comfortable in doing so."

"Okay." My voice cracked, taking back my notebook from him, "Jeez, I'm so nervous." I whispered as I stared at my trembling hands.

"Look, just pretend that I'm not even in the room right now and that you're all by yourself." He said, hoping it will shimmer down my anxiety.

"Ehh, I don't that I can." I sighed.

"Just try." He whispered, his dark eyes giving me comfort as I stared into them.

"Okay." I whispered before making my way over to the microphone stand.

Staring intently at the microphone as I put on the headset, hoping I would be able to drown out all the unnecessary noise and focus on the beat we had created together for this song.