Chapter 27 ♛ Witches Forest pt. 2

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

Hot tears streamed down my puffy face as I continued to run further into the dark forest all by myself.

I couldn't recall the majority of what had happened moments ago. We were by the fire pit and the next thing I know, Colby had run off into the darkness to chase after something that he only saw and the rest of us didn't. And I stupidly ran after him with no flashlight or anything to protect me with, because I love him and I didn't want anything terrible to happen to him.

I was stumbling over tree roots and rocks, but it didn't stop me from searching for him. I needed to find him. I can't go on with the rest of my life knowing that I could've prevented something tragic from happening to him.

"Colby!" I screamed towards the night sky.

My voice had an echoing affect, but once it died down all you could hear was complete silence. And it wasn't this peaceful silence either, but this erring one. Like even though you were physically alone in the woods, you weren't spiritually. They were near me, all of them were.

It was pitch black out here. I couldn't see anything, not even my own hands when I had held them in front of my eyes. And the moonlight was my only guide until the clouds covered it's light. So, I knew I had to stop running and turn back around before it's too late. Before I fall into the rabbit hole even further than I meant to.

"Colby!" I called out for him again as I collapsed onto the ground and cried my eyes out.

"Do you really think that he or any of your dumb friends are going to find you here?" A low chuckle radiated from behind me.

I stumbled onto my feet and backed myself into a tree. I let out a shaky breath as the chuckle got louder and louder by the second.

"You're just in my head. You're just in my head." I whispered to myself as I covered my ears with my hands, trying to block out his powerful voice.

"Yes, I may be in your head, but I'm somewhere else physically." He chuckled, causing my hands to fall to my side, "I'm near someone you love."

"Go away you piece of shit!" I hissed, "Don't you fucking touch any of my friends, got it?!"

A low chuckle filled the air again, "They won't be your friends for much longer." He said, "You always fuck things up."

In the distance, a yellow caught my attention. My heart sank as I thought of the worst, but when I heard a familiar deep voice, I couldn't help but crack a small smile onto my face.

"Atmosphere!" Colby screamed.

"Colby!" I screamed back, relief washing all over me.

"Holy fuck." He whispered breathless as I ran into his arms, "Where did you go?" He questioned me.

"Where did I go?!" I spat, smacking his arm, "Where the fuck did you go?!" I questioned him.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, "I saw... I saw the shadow man." He whispered, a tear rolling down his face.

I eyed him, "The shadow man?"

"Atmosphere, I can't get him out of my head." He choked.

"Colby." I whispered, pulling him into a tight hug, "Its going to be okay." I reassured him, even if I didn't believe that.

"We need to get back to camp." He breathed, "Now."

We quickly tried making our way back to camp, but we didn't realize how far we were actually away from it. We must have been at least a mile and a half from our campsite. So, we took our time so we wouldn't end up taking any wrong turns, but once we saw the fiery flames come into view, we knew we were safe.