Chapter 24 ♛ It's Negative

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

Colby slowly pulled his car in front of the fancy restaurant that Kian's half birthday party was being held at which we were both invited to but, I'm the only one going since Colby has other important plans tonight with Sam.

Since coming back from the Stanley Hotel, Colby has been busier than ever. I don't get to see him as much when I wake up in the morning or when I go to bed at night either. He's gone throughout the day just trying to further his career, and even though I am happy for him, I feel sad for us as well. And maybe it has to do with the fact that I just never get to see him anymore these days, unless it has to do with new videos for Sam and Colby's YouTube channel.

"Tell Kian, happy half birthday from me. Also, that I'm truly sorry for not being able to make it to his party tonight."  He said, his eyes meeting mine.

"I will." I whispered before looking out the passenger side's window.

A deep sigh left his lips, "Atmosphere, I know things have been difficult lately for you, but just know that I'm trying my best to be there for you." He said, "It's just that our brand is finally taking off, and we are actually making a name for ourselves. I just don't want to stop that because of..."

"Because of me." My voice slightly cracked as my emerald eyes met his again.

"Atmosphere, I didn't mean it like that." He whispered, resting his ring hand on top of mine.

"It's fine, Colby." I reassured him, even though I still felt some way about it, "Remember, you always put yourself first over anyone, even me." I said as I opened the car door.

"Atmosphere, please..."

I quickly pecked his cheek, "We are good." I reassured him before stepping out of my car, "And you don't have to pick me up after this is over. One of them can drop me off at home or I might stay the night at one of their places." I let him know, giving him a weak smile before heading inside.

I rolled my eyes at myself for feeling this way. I think being cooped up in that apartment all by myself for long periods of time is finally getting to me. And even when I want to hang out with my friends, everyone seems to be busy with their own worlds, and I can't really be upset about that. I just wish I had kept that one old characteristic about me when I had moved here. The one where I was okay with being alone, and not needing anyone other than Jake.

I forced a fake smile onto my face as I walked into the restaurant, not wanting to drain anyone's mood because of my own personal problems. I was instantly engulfed with a tight hug from Jc. He thanked me for coming, because he knew that it would mean a lot to Kian for me being here to celebrate his life with him tonight.

"Where is he?" I asked Jc, looking amongst the crowd for the man of the night.

"He's over there, talking to Bobby and Franny." He smiled as he pointed to the far corner of the restaurant.

"I will be right back." I let him know before making my way through the crowded place.

Kian's back was facing towards me, so he couldn't see that I was making my way over to him. Which was going to make it easier for me to surprise him.

I gently pressed my index finger to my lips, indicating to Franny and Bobby to not say a single thing, because I wanted to surprise him. They both returned cheeky smiles to me, because they loved the idea I had come up with and they were definitely not going to ruin it for me.