Chapter 35 ♛ The Origin

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

"I hate you, you know that?" My best friend's voice cracked, causing my shiny eyes to flutter over to him, "You hurt so many people that I love, including me."

Jake and I decided to stay back and let the other two go and find "The Origin" of their problems while Jake and I do the same with ours. That's why you find us here, sitting in front of my father's grave.

"When I heard you passed away, I was so relieved. I thought that I would never have to worry about you coming after Atmosphere again. That she could finally live in peace... that I can finally live in peace as well." He whispered, "But you are still hurting us even in the afterlife."

I gently rested my hand on his shoulder for support. I stayed silent, because I knew he needed to let this out. He needed to heal more than anyone else needed to, including me.

"But I'm not gonna let you win again." He said as his watery eyes fluttered, "I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone I love anymore. I'm stronger than you. And my love for Atmosphere and my friends will overpower your hate for us."

He picked up a single white rose and tossed it onto my father's grave.

"Even though I hate you with a burning passion, I still pray that you will find the peace you need, because then maybe you could be a better human." He whispered before turning to face me.

I gently kissed his cheek, "I'm proud of you." I whispered against his skin.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He asked.

"Only if you want to." I whispered.

He gently kissed my cheek back, "I'm going to stay then."

I nodded my head before turning to face my father's grave again. I let out a shaky breath as I thought about what I was going to say to him. I don't even know if he is even here or listening to us, but knowing how things have been lately because of him, he has to be here.

"I'm going to keep this short..." I paused for a second, "I don't hate you nor love you. I feel absolutely nothing towards you, not even hate anymore. And I think that means I'm truly healing." I whispered, "I'm never gonna read that letter, no matter how much you bug me about it. Because no matter what you wrote in that letter will never change the way I think of you."

A dark mist appeared in front of my eyes along with a cold breeze. The mist slowly formed into his ghostly body. For the first time in my entire life, I saw him with tears in his eyes. His face was puffy and his thin hair was a mess. He looked broken and it's because of himself and no one else.

I stared into his dark eyes as I continued to talk, "I think it's time for you to leave for good and never come back. You had many opportunities to change who you were and apologize for it as well while you were still alive, but you didn't. And you have no one else to blame but yourself." I whispered as I picked up my white rose and twirled it with my fingers, "I truly hope you find peace, because even the bad deserve some of it." I added before tossing it perfectly on top of Jake's flower, forming an "X".

"I'm sorry." He choked causing my eyes to meet his again, "But no matter what anyone did, you couldn't change the fact that there was a monster inside of me."

"We could've changed that, but you didn't want anyone to." I whispered, "You let the monster win and now the monster is you."

He nodded his head, agreeing with me, "You were always a smart girl, just like your mother." He said with a weak smile, "I'm sorry for everything, Atmosphere." He apologized, choking as a single tear rolled down his cheek before he turned into mist one last time.

I let out a small whimper before covering my face with my hands. Jake quickly wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me closer to him. We both cried into each other's arms and it wasn't because we were broken, it was because we were finally healing. We were able to face the problem that was affecting our entire lives together and we were successful this time at doing so.

A buzzing sound interrupted our little moment, causing us to pull a part. I quickly pulled my phone out of my back pocket, and squinted my eyes in confusion when I read the word "unknown" on my phone screen.

"Who is it?" Jake asked.

"I don't know." I mumbled before answering it. "Hello?" I breathed into the phone.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Atmosphere Jennings at the moment?" A fruity yet serious voice asked.

"Yes, this is she." I answered as my dark eyes met Jake's.

"Ms. Jennings, I'm sorry to inform you that..."

***** Author's Note *****

Hey buddies!

THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER OF PLAYER 3.0 AND I'M SO HAPPY IT'S FINALLY OVER AGAIN. HAHA

THANK YOU ALL FOR STICKING AROUND THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER WITH HAVING TO REPUBLISH THIS BOOK.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO TWO OF MY LOVELY READERS @p-jharris & @Iamtheonlyqueend FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH THE REPUBLISHING OF THIS BOOK.

AND THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT.

I miss writing a lot and I hope to get back to it soon. But for now I will be re-editing the entire Player Series, starting with the first book.

NOW GO AHEAD AND CHECK OUT THE FOURTH AND FINAL BOOK OF THIS SERIES, PLAYER 4.0

P

P.S. Player 1.0, 2.0 & 4.0 still need editing, so please bear with me on that.