Chapter 8: An Old Friend

Recap: (Y/n) saves Myrinne from Ellis. Ellis is frustrated because he can't figure out the female.

Liam hadn't seen (Y/n) in over a week, and he was beginning to grow restless with her absence.

She should have been back by now, the male thought. He was not the only one who was worried for the female, as the twins constantly asked about the her whereabouts. Liam didn't have the heart to tell them that something bad might have happened to the girl. He just told them that she would be back soon. However, as Liam realized, it was unknown whether or not (Y/n) would return at all.

Liam dragged his feet towards the entrance of his home. It was a small abandoned building on the outskirts of town. It had once been a butcher shop, but a fire had caused the store to shut down and become abandoned--well abandoned until the group had claimed the space.

He came to the conclusion that the twins were somewhere in town. The main clue being the lack of noise; Katy and Josh would constantly bicker, flipping off and yelling anyone who scolded them.

A dry cough brought Liam's attention to the sick girl in the corner. Lily had awoken when she saw the male return. She sprang up to greet him, resulting in a fit of coughing. Liam rushed to her side and helped her back onto the makeshift bed. Lily was very sick; even the slightest movement would set of her symptoms.

"Sorry," the young girl said. Her voice was weak and hoarse.

The male's face softened. "It's fine, just...just don't get up too fast." He replied.

"Is (Y/n) with you Li Li?" Lily questioned, using his nickname.

Liam's expression saddened. (Y/n) was not with him, and he had no idea where she was.

Liam shook his head at the younger child, causing her to look down at the floor. "She'll be back soon," was his reply. He so badly wanted to believe his words.

"Of course, (Y/n) always comes back," the girl said, her face lighting up. "Besides, (Y/n) promised to take me to see the fireworks, and she never breaks a promise."

Liam smiled and reached for a box , grabbing a handful of medical herbs and dropping them into a cup of water. He stirred the ingredients with his finger handing the mixture to Lily who downed the contents in one large gulp. Liam put the cup back and closed the lid to the box. He sighed. They were running low on medicine, and he would need to buy more soon.

The male decided that he had enough time to buy some before dark, so with a short goodbye, he left the small shelter. He didn't worry about leaving Lily by herself. The twins would be back soon enough, and they both knew how to take care of the girl.

Liam walked at a leisurely pace. He was in the part of town where there were lots of vendors. Men and woman yelled out, attempting to draw customers to their stalls. He could smell fresh fruit and bread.

If only I had enough money to buy some, he thought. The always did like fruit.

He thought back to (Y/n) and the time she had brought the kids to the market. Lily gone up to an stall, staring wide eyed at a pile of oranges. (Y/n) had noticed and pulled the last of her coins out of her pocket and bought a fruit. (Y/n) always had a soft spot for Lily and her child-like innocence. The (h/c) haired girl had once told him that Lily reminded her of herself as a child, before the world had forced her to grow up. Liam knew that (Y/n) would do anything to give the child the love of family that she had been deprived of.

"(Y/n) where are you? We all need you. I need you," he said under his breathe.

As Liam passed a vendor's stall, he overheard a conversation.