Chapter 33: Get Away

Thank you @iilovehentai for the lovely fanart!

Recap: Myrrine is taken away, and Lily is killed.

Liam glanced around the pub one last time, looking for a certain red head. He sighed when he realized that Tristan probably wouldn't show up.

This was the usual routine. However, this time something felt off. Liam couldn't explain it. Call it a gut instinct if you will. He feared that something bad had happened. Something very bad.

Liam remained in his seat scanning the room. A familiar face blurred past him.

Wait, Liam thought. I've seen her before.

"Hey," he called out, catching up with the girl. He grabbed onto her shoulder and spun her around.

"Listen if you're waiting for your food, it will be out soon."

Her voice was exactly as he remembered. It was raspy and fit nicely with her bold appearance. And it became apparent to Liam where he had seen her—or rather, who he had seen her with.

"Have you seen Tristan?" He asked her.

She gave him an once over before her eyes lit up with recognition. "You're that guy he always hangs around with aren't you?" She didn't wait for his reply before continuing. "Haven't seen 'em in a while."

"So you really have no idea where he is?"

"No," she exasperated. "Why would I know?"

Liam scratched his neck. "Well I thought you guys—"

He was cut off by a sharp laugh. "What? You thought just because we flirted that we had something going? Well, get your head out of your ass. It's my job to serve the men who come here, but not to babysit them," she spit out. She didn't linger a moment longer.

Liam sat still, still processing her harsh words. He looked at her figure once more before shaking his head.

He excited the pub feeling somewhat dejected. He didn't see many people on his way home, "Ah home," he breathed out. "If only (Y/n) were here too."

But she wasn't. He would have to wait just a bit longer before she was.

Liam was so deep in thought that he didn't notice the two figures lingering around the corner—well not until they grabbed him.

"Wha—"

A hand went over his mouth. It was small and childlike. He whipped his head to the side causing the hand to fall.

"Katy? Josh? What are you doing here?"

He didn't get a direct answer, instead, Katy put a finger over her lips, gesturing for him to be quiet.

Liam shut his mouth, and took a look around. He wondered what was going on. Then, his eyes stopped outside their home, where there were ten or more guards. His eyes widened.

He pulled the kids away from the house and spoke in a hushed tone.

"What's going on? Why are their guards outside?"

Katy looked at him with teary eyes. "They took Lily, I saw them take her."

Liam's blood ran cold.

"We need to leave, now!" Liam lead the twins out of the alleyway, and into the square. He headed towards the north side of the city. The trees towered above the walls, shielding what lay under. It was secluded and quiet. It was a perfect place to hide.

They got to the wall and Liam kneeled down. He held his hands out.

"Josh you go first I'll help you get up there," he said.

"Okay," the boy replied. He stepped into Liam's hands and climbed over the wall. Katy was next. But she hesitated.

"How will you get over?" she asked.

"I'll need to go through the gate and meet you here."

He didn't wait, before hoisting her up. She grabbed onto the wall and climbed over, Josh helping her on the other side.

"I'll meet you guys there, so just be patient," he yelled. Then, he was off. Down the empty streets and alleyways. It took him about half an hour before he could get to the gate, and when he did, he was shocked by how many guards there were.

He watched a bit from out of view. The guards stopped everyone who walked by. But none were allowed to go through the gate.

"This is bad," he whispered. He would have to find another way out of town.

His feet brought him threw the alleyways on the south side of town. It was the area with stalls and merchants. Surely there would be a way out. They had to get the goods in somewhere, and it wasn't through the front gate.

He passed the empty stalls and few stores before he made it to the wall. It was just as high and just as impossible to climb.

A bit further was a bread shop. There was a light on outside, but the shop was closed. Liam went over to the trashcan, to see if there was any food he could grab. That's when the door creaked open, and an angry storekeeper grabbed came out with a rolling pin.

"You son of a—" the man snarled. He swung the rolling pin at Liam, who dodged it.

He took off running, with the storekeeper following behind him. Liam wasn't too worried. The man was old, and Liam clearly had more stamina.

"Guards, guards arrest this man." The shopkeeper yelled getting the attention of a few soldiers.

The guards looks shared a look before scrambling to catch up to the male.

"Damn it, just damn it," Liam muttered. He could outrun an old man, but he wasn't to sure about two trained guards.

He turned the corner, and stumbled over a rock. He got his balance back. But the guards were getting closer. Liam looked around. He turned again. Bad move. He realized that the alley he went down was a dead  end. There was nothing but the wall ahead.

Liam panicked. His eyes scanned the area for anything he could use. Something metal shined in the light. Perfect.

He grabbed onto the metal ladder and climbed up to the roof. The guards saw his shadow move and shouted that he was on the roof.

He panted. And looked around. There was nowhere to go but down. And he would either have to jump or climb that ladder: the ladder was definitely out of the question.

"Stop, you're under arrest."

Liam stopped. If there was nowhere to go but down, then down he'd go. He took of running on the clay rooftop. A few peices cracked under his feet, falling to the ground below. He could hear guards behind him. They were on the roof now. But he was too far ahead; he was going to make it. When he reached the side near the wall he leaped into the air.

The breeze blew past him, pushing him forward. He was over the wall now, and the ground was getting closer. He braced for impact and landed with a roll.

Liam threw his head back and let out a deep laugh at the thrill. His bones ached, but he pushed himself to get further away from the wall just in case the guards decided to follow. And so, he took off running to Katy and Josh.

Everything is going to be okay. I'll make sure of it, he thought. And maybe—just maybe—it would be.

1262 words

Hey guys sorry this chapter is garbage. I've been out of town, and the writers block was bad. Speaking of being out of town, since I'll be out of town for the most of this week, next week's update will be a bit different. I was thinking something like a summer vacation au with (Y/n) and the princes. Nothing cannon just a cute little break for the character. If you have any ideas or anything leave a comment, and I might just use them.🥰

Next Update: Sat/Sun