Chapter 41: The Decision

Thank you to @shittyhair4life for this adorable fanart of Lily! Made me tear up a bit ;)

Recap: *This is a longer recap because i've been dead lol*

Important Characters:

-(Y/n): an absolute legend tbh

-Ellis: went from prince to king, doesn't like to show emotion often

-Leo: sweet but psycho book nerd, shy

-Kion: an absolute flirt who doesn't know what love is

-Roman: big angry man

-Samantha: (Y/n)'s good friend, dead rip

-Myrrine: (Y/n)'s good friend, dead too lol

-Liam: (Y/n)'s one true love, also fam but not in a weird way

-Katy and Josh: twins, also (y/n)'s fam

-Lily: youngest of (Y/n)'s fam, dead as well

-Tristan: Liam's friend (and love interest in a non canon ending that I will write lol) *winks*

Events:

-(Y/n) meets princes: Leo, Kion, Roman, and Ellis

-(Y/n)'s friend Samantha dies to a jealous Leo

-Myrrine and (Y/n) try to escape the castle.

-Myrrine is accused of killing the king and queen and is executed.

-Lily is killed by the princes.

(Y/n) felt the weight of the bowl leave her head. She wiped her eyes, trying to get rid of the frosting. It occurred to her just how close Ellis was. 

His frame towered over her, and he took a step closer. (Y/n) leaned back putting as much space between them as she could. The dark-haired man leaned his head into the curve of her neck. She anticipated the feeling of his lips, but his face remained inches from her skin. His arms, she felt, moved to her waist. He pulled at the fabric that stood between his fingers and her skin. His hands found their way to her hips. Ragged breaths were heard as he moved his hands, rubbing them in circles. His fingers were slow. Firm. Hot. He took a deep breath in, letting out what sounded like a pained groan. 

"You smell so sweet, (Y/n). I could just eat you up," Ellis breathed onto her neck. He pulled back so that he was eye level with her. Frosting dripped down her neck accentuating every vein. The liquid sugar pooled on her collarbone before spilling over. Going farther and farther down.  Ellis watched every movement, savoring it. (Y/n) met his eyes then looked away. The intense hunger in his eyes was enough to send a shiver down her spine. 

With a deep breath, she slipped out of his arms. Ellis reached out after her retreating figure. The ghost of her skin still on his fingertips.

"(Y/n), wait," he called out after her. The oven timer went off and his eyes momentarily left the (h/c) haired girl's figure. He was conflicted. He didn't know whether to go to (Y/n) or take the cake out of the oven. However, he had waited to long to decide. (Y/n) was already gone.

Ellis sighed. He opened the oven, reaching for the cake. His hands wrapped around the pan but quickly dropped it. It was hot. Of course it was. His fingers were red and burnt but he didn't really feel it. Grabbing a cloth, he finally pulled the cake from the oven. The sweet aroma left an empty feeling in his stomach. He had no apatite, for he knew that he craved a sweetness only she could provide.