Chapter 17: Peaceful Nights

Recap: (Y/n) is depressed from Samantha's death. Roman helps her work through her emotions.

Every night Liam would go to the pub. He would sit and wait, then he would go back home. It was months before he finally saw Tristan again.

"Tristan," Liam called out to his ginger friend. Tristan glanced up and dragged his feet over to Liam. He didn't say anything at first.

"Hey man, did something happen?" Liam asked the boy.

"Yeah..."

"You want to talk about it?"

"no," Tristan replied. He waved over a server and ordered a beer. "I found (Y/n)."

Liam perked up at this. "How was she?"

"She's fine," he paused taking a sip of his drink. "Said she'd tell you if she was in trouble, so don't worry anymore bud."

Liam let out a sigh of relief. (Y/n) was fine. That was all that mattered.

Tristan downed his drink and ordered another. His eyes stayed glued to the table. A familiar woman walked up to the two. She wrapped her arms around Tristan.

"Long time no see," she whispered in his ear. Tristan shrugged her off of him.

"Don't be like that babe." She ran her hands up and down his chest. She bit her lip. Tristan swatted her hands away.

"Leave me alone," he said harshly. The woman looked taken aback. She left with an embarrassed expression.

"What's that about," Liam asked. He wondered what had gotten into the male.

"Nothing."

Tristan stood up and gave the server some coins. "I need to go," he said as he made his way to the door. Liam waved goodbye.

What's gotten into him? he asked himself.

-------------------------------------------

(Y/n) was feeling better. She was eating and sleeping well, much to everyone's relief. She was currently on her way to clean the ballroom.

"Ah (Y/n), my sweet rose," a voice exclaimed. (Y/n) gave the male a bright smile.

"What's up Kion?"

"Nothing much," he said putting his arm around her shoulders. "How have you been feeling?"

"Better," (Y/n) said. She stared up at his face which was already looking at hers. "Thank you by the way."

Kion gave her a flirty smirk. "Anything for you."

(Y/n) blushed and playfully punched his shoulder. "Shut up. Your sweet talk won't work on me."

Kion just smiled. He already knew that, but he couldn't help himself.

The two walked down the hall until (Y/n) got to the ballroom. As much as Kion wanted to stay, he had work to do. Sometimes he wished he wasn't a prince, so he could see (Y/n) more often.

"See you later," he said blowing a kiss. (Y/n) waved goodbye, and they went their separate ways.

-------------------------------------------

By the time (Y/n) finished cleaning the ballroom, the sun was setting. She grabbed a bite to eat and walked around the castle. Curfew wasn't for another few hours, so (Y/n) decided to kill time. The temperature outside was comfortable, so she went to the garden. The area was empty.

(Y/n) laid on her back and watched the sky change color.

"Can I join you?" Myrrine asked walking up to the girl.

"Of course," (Y/n) said. Myrrine laid down next to the girl.

"Ugh I'm so tired. I'd give anything just to stay out here forever."

(Y/n) chuckled at the older woman's comment. "It is nice."

A slight breeze swept across the landscape. They could hear a soft rustle of leaves. It really was a beautiful evening.

Before they knew it, the night came bringing an abundance of stars.

"I've always loved the night sky," Myrrine expressed. "I used to have this wish--it's kinda lame--but I always wanted to see a shooting star." She looked deep in thought. "I never have though."

"It's not lame. I've always wanted to see fireworks," (Y/n) exclaimed. "I promised someone special that we would go see them."

Myrrine smiled. "And who's this special someone hmm?"

"It's not the way you're thinking. Her name is Lily. She's family to me--I mean not really, but It feels like it. I'd do anything for her."

"I know what you mean. I'd do anything for my son." Myrrine's face fell. "I wish I could have given him a better life."

(Y/n) turned on her side so that she was facing the woman. "It's not your fault. You're doing your best, which is more than a lot of people can say."

"Thank you (Y/n)." She paused before continuing. "Do you have any other family?"

"Yeah, there are five of us. We all grew up without parents, but we look out for each other." (Y/n) smiled fondly. She didn't say anything else. They just laid in the grass in a comfortable silence.

As (Y/n) looked, she wondered if maybe her family was staring up at the same sky. The thought gave her some comfort. Even though they were apart, they were never truly away. Maybe even Samantha was somewhere up in the sky. Perhaps she was one of the stars, or maybe she was a spot on the moon. Samantha was always so bright.

(Y/n) didn't realize that tears were coming out of her eyes. It didn't feel bad though. (Y/n) felt the weight fall off her shoulder. She wished she could stay there forever, but every good thing eventually comes to an end.

"I think we better head back," (Y/n) spoke up.

"Yeah, I guess we should."

The two got up from the grass and walked back inside. They went to the maid quarters and got ready to sleep. For the first time in a while, (Y/n) drifted into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

892 words

5K reads!? That's wild! Thank you everyone who reads, votes, and/or comments. It means so much to me. Anyway, this chapter is pretty short but I didn't want to just add words to add words. You know what I mean?

Next Update: Sat/Sun