Chapter 19: Who Do You Love

Recap: Leo borrows a 'romance' book from Kion. Ellis finds out about Leo's obsession with (Y/n) and why he murdered Samantha. (Y/n) meets Myrrine's son, Haris.

"(Y/n), are you in here my sweet rose?" Kion called out peeking his head in the maid quarter's. It was still early in the morning, so many of the woman were still there, including (Y/n). 

She blushed in embarrassment as the other girls stared at her. Kion never went there to talk to any of the girl's, but he had for (Y/n). Some of the younger girls looked on with jealousy. 

"Ah there you are," he said walking into the room. He pinched her cheeks.

"What was that for?" (Y/n) asked giving him a slight glare.

Kion gave her a guilty smile. "They just looked so soft."

"Why are you here Kion?"

"Because I wanted to spend time with you silly," he said grabbing her hand. A couple of maids gasped, but Kion paid them no mind. He dragged the female out of the room and into the garden.

"Wait, slow down," (Y/n) said as she tried to catch up to the prince. 

"Oh sorry."

He slowed down and stopped once they got to an area with a table and chairs. There were two cups and plates on the table.

"What's this?" (Y/n) asked.

"Can I not just want to spend some time with my sweet rose?" He asked. "Sit down."

He brought pulled out a chair and beckoned for her to sit, so she did. He pushed the chair in, then sat in one across from her. 

"It's been too long since we hung out," he wined. "So I was thinking we could get to know each other better."

"What about my work?" (Y/n) questioned.

He waved his hand in dismissal. "You don't have to worry about that stuff when you're with me. I already took care of it."

(Y/n) felt guilty. Someone else would have to take her chores while she just got to relax. However seeing his excited smile, she didn't dare refuse his offer.

"Okay."

Kion clapped his hands together. He wasn't worried that she would decline. She was far too polite. He uncovered the plate in the center of the table. There were a bunch of mini cookies.

(Y/n)'s mouth watered at the sight. Kion noticed her excitement and grinned.

"They are chocolate," he whispered taking one and setting it on her plate. She stuffed it in her mouth. She savored the sweet taste.

"Good?" he asked.

(Y/n) nodded her head up and down excitedly. She finished chewing. "They are so good."

"So I was thinking," Kion spoke. "Why don't we play a question game?"

(Y/n) looked at him in confusion. "What kind of question game?"

"I ask a question, then you get to ask one, and so on."

(Y/n) thought about it. She did want to get to know him. "Sure why not," she replied.

"I'll go first," Kion exclaimed. He tapped his chin, seemingly deep in thought.

What should I ask her? he thought. He didn't want to scare her by asking something too personal, so he would start out light.

"What is your favorite animal," he finally asked.

(Y/n) laughed. "That's really your question? Well I guess I like birds."