Chapter 12: Old and New Faces

Warning: This chapter contains sexual assault (not rape) so if you are uncomfortable with that skip to the recap in the next chapter.

Recap: (Y/n) is serving drinks at the annual ball. She spills a drink on a noble woman, but is saved by Prince Kion. (Y/n) is on her way to the kitchen when a hand grabs her.

(Y/n) hesitantly turned her head around. Her breathe stopped when she saw a familiar twisted smile.

"Y-you," (Y/n) whispered. She tried to push his hand off, but the man in front of her only tightened his grip further.

"Remember me?" he asked with a slight slur. (Y/n) nodded her head slowly. How could she forget the man standing in front of her. He was the one who had beat her on the way to the castle.

"Well then, how about we go somewhere more private?" he asked, but it wasn't really a question. He left no time for a reply before he began to drag the (h/c) haired girl farther away from the kitchen.

"Let go. I don't want to go with you," (Y/n) spit out. She shoved him causing him to stumble. (Y/n) took off towards the kitchen as fast as she could.

"You didn't really think I'd let you off that easily did you?" he said grabbing (Y/n)'s hair. He yanked back. (Y/n) felt the sharp pain on her scalp. She tried to pry his fingers off of her.

"HELP, SOMEONE HELP M--" The man threw (Y/n) into the wall knocking the air out of her. She was hunched on the ground wheezing from the impact.

"Shut up bitch," he growled at the girl. (Y/n) said nothing in reply. Her chest and lungs were still burning. "You know," he began. "I was going to be gentle but I don't think I will now."

What? (Y/n) thought. If he planned on hurting me again why would he be gentle?

The man looked down at (Y/n) in fake pity. He crouched down so that he was at her eye level. "You really don't know do you?" He paused as if expecting an answer. "I have a different reason for bringing you here."

His hand ran down (Y/n)'s inner thigh. She shivered at his implications, and pulled her leg away. "No," she said with a hoarse voice. "No," she said again clearing her throat.

The man in front of her chuckled darkly. "You don't have a choice slut." His hand moved to her throat applying enough pressure to make the girl uncomfortable. "You don't get to refuse me. You're nothing but a servant." (Y/n) could feel his breathe on her face. It smelled of alcohol.

The man's hands pushed up the struggling girl's dress, revealing more of her legs. (Y/n) kicked and scratched the man. She tried everything to get him to let go, but his hands traveled up the fabric with ease.

"Please stop," (Y/n) cried out. The man tightened his grip on her throat. (Y/n)'s hands traveled up to her neck, desperate to get some relief. His grip was too tight. Her vision was fading, but she could still feel his hands on her private area. It disgusted her that she was being taken advantage of. It disgusted her that she could do nothing to stop him.

Is this how I die? the (h/c) haired girl thought. She had so much more she wanted to do and see. She cursed herself for taking advantage of the small things in life. (Y/n) would give nothing more than to sit near a window watching the flowers, to gossip with Samantha and Myrrine. Her heart ached as she neared unconsciousness. I don't want to die.

Suddenly, all of the pressure on her neck was released. (Y/n) gasped taking in as much air as she could. Her lungs burned, but she was alive.

"Hey, are you alright?" a voice asked gently touching her shoulder. (Y/n) flinched at the contact, and the person quickly let go. The young girl tilted her head to the newcomer. She didn't recognize him.

"Hey, what's your name?" the red haired boy asked slowly. (Y/n) coughed violently. Her whole body began to shake. "Take it easy."

"(Y/n)," the girl said once she regained her breathe. "My name is (Y/n)." The red haired male's eyes widened at the statement.

"Wait your (Y/n). I've been looking for you," he said. He noticed the odd look she gave him before continuing. "I'm Tristan, Liam's friend. He asked me to find you."

(Y/n) gasped. "You know Liam? How does he know I'm here? Is he alright?" she rushed out. An easy smile made it's way onto Tristan's face.

"Relax. I'll tell you everything," he glanced to his left. "First let's get away from this pervert."

(Y/n) looked in the direction of her attacker. He was out cold. "What did you d--" she stopped when she saw the hand held out in front of her.

"Nothing you need to worry about. He had it coming anyway," he lightly chuckled. (Y/n) let out a breathy laugh and took his hand. He helped her up and began walking down the hallway. (Y/n) followed, unaware of the watchful eyes that watched from a distance.

------------------------------------------------------

"So then I was like 'Hey sexy can I buy you a drink,'" Tristan explained. The two were currently in the library sitting on a bench. He was about to continue before the (h/c) haired girl interrupted.

"I thought you were going to tell me about Liam," she said unamused.

"Ah yeah. I was getting there I swear," he scratched his head. "Anyway so that's where I saw my bro Liam. He looked kinda anxious, so we had a talk. He told me about you ya know, said you were quite the badass," he joked. (Y/n) softly punched his arm and muttered a 'yeah right.'

"Wait!" he remembered reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a letter. "This is for you. It's from Liam." (Y/n) grabbed the paper from him. Her eyes scanned the contents as the red haired boy watched her. "What does it say?" he asked once she had finished reading it.

"He asked If I'm okay. And, it also says he wants to help me leave the castle."

"What! Why would he put that? Doesn't he know how dangerous that it?" Tristan yelled.

(Y/n) shook her head. "I don't know why he would put that either. It's just around eight more months until I can go back." (Y/n) looked up at Liam. "Thank you," she said.

"No problem." He shrugged his shoulders. "So what should I tell him. I don't think he'll just take your word on the whole 'I'm fine with staying here' thing."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Just tell him that I will let him know if I ever want to leave the castle. That should put him at ease."

Tristan nodded his head and got up from the bench. "The ball is probably over by now. Will you be fine heading back?" he asked. (Y/n) gave him a thumbs up and a cheesy smile, which made him smile. "Alright well I better get going."

Tristan turned around and began walking away. "Wait," (Y/n) said suddenly. The red haired boy turned his head around, waiting for the female to continue. "Also, could you tell him that I love him?"

1201 words

Ooo so she finally met Tristan. So, I'm curious who is your favorite character so far? Leo definitely the most yandere so far, but the others will be turning soon enough. *wiggles eyebrows* Anyway, thanks for reading, and the next update will be out on either Saturday or Sunday!