Chapter 26: Talks of Treason

*IMPORTANT: Please read the bolded note at the end of the chapter. It's very important.*

Recap: The king and queen tell (Y/n) that she is going to be moved out of the castle. (Y/n) goes off on Ellis.

Some people deserve to die. This was the conclusion that Ellis came to. There were good people in the world and there were bad people. The king and queen were trying to take away the only good he had ever known, so wouldn't that make them bad?

They deserve to die. It's the right thing to do, he told himself.

And perhaps he really believed it: that he was doing something for the greater good. Perhaps he was to blinded by his obsession to realize that he himself was just as twisted.

Regardless, they needed to be taken care of. He refused to lose (Y/n), and luckily for him, he knew three other princes who, no doubt, would feel the same way.

All throughout the day Ellis planned. One by one, he met with all of his brothers. The meeting would be late--late enough that nobody would even notice their gathering. Now all that was left to do was wait.

---------------------------------------------

Darkness swept across the sky, painting the castle in an eerie light. The halls were silent, except for the occasional guard on patrol. Ellis watched as a guard turned the corner, then out of sight. It was time. He crept down the stairs, took a right turn, and walked down the hallway to the meeting room.

Ellis silently shut the door behind him. Surprisingly he wasn't the first one there. Leo sat at the table tapping his leg impatiently.

"You're early," Ellis whispered.

Leo nodded his head. "What's so urgent that we need to have a secret meeting?" he asked. He was curious. It was rare that the Ellis wanted to have anything to do with any of them, let alone talk to them in secret.

"I'll tell you when everyone gets here," Ellis said, taking a seat at the head of the table.

The two were silent after that, at least until a fiery-haired male swung open the door. Leo jumped in surprise. Ellis just stared blankly.

Roman sat down in the seat farthest away from the two. He leaned back in his chair.

"So," he finally said, "is anyone going to tell me what's going on?"

"I will when Kion gets here."

"Great," Roman said, rolling his eyes.

After a few minutes Ellis checked the clock in the corner. Still no Kion. He wasn't the only one who noticed either.

"Tch, this is a waste of our time. Kion's probably just off fucking some girl."

The door opened. Kion strolled in. "Ah talking about me I see, all good things I hope," he said. His voice was soft like velvet, and it held a slight teasing undertone.

Roman just scoffed. Kion gave him an innocent smile and took the seat right beside his, because he knew it would piss the male off.

"Well," Ellis spoke up, "let's get to business."

It immediately became apparent that Leo was the only one actually listening, but he continued speaking anyway.

"A situation has come up--one that has to do with (Y/n)."

That got everyone's attention. They waited for him to go on.

"It has come to my attention that the king and queen are sending her away,"