Chapter 35: Goodbye

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the amazing fan art by iilovehentai . I give it 69/10👏👑

Recap: The boys decide to share (Y/n).

(Y/n) sat by the window, looking outside. The world was just starting to wake up, but she had been awake for hours. She had watched the first rays of sunshine peek above the horizon. Now, the sky was bright, and the air filled with the sound of bird song. (Y/n) had always loved to listen to the birds. Their sweet voices never failed to put a smile on her face. But not today, today the sound just made her feel lonely.

The sound of distant voices caught (Y/n)'s attention. She walked to the door, leaning against the wooden frame. She listened to the conversation.

"...One more thing," a voice said: It was Ellis'. "Don't tell (Y/n). The news will just make her upset."

"Alright," the other voice replied. Kion.

(Y/n) heard a pair of footsteps stop in front of her door. The doorknob jiggled.

Shit, (Y/n) thought as she silently ran over to the bed. She closed her eyes pretending to be asleep.

Kion walked in with a tray in his hands. He set it down on the table beside her bed. (Y/n)'s heart thundered in her chest, but Kion seemed oblivious to her eavesdropping.

"Hey (Y/n)," Kion said, gently shaking her shoulders, "I brought you some food."

(Y/n) opened her eyes, looking towards the blonde, then at the food on the table. She reached out to grab the tray, but retracted her hand after a moment. Kion looked at her in confusion.

"What is it?" he asked.

"What aren't you telling me?"

Kion's eyes widened. He was clearly taken aback by her question.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied smoothly. A lie.

(Y/n)'s eyes narrowed at the male. Just what game was he playing? "What is it that you're not supposed to tell me about. You know the thing that will upset me."

"So you heard that, huh?" Kion scratched his neck. He looked uncomfortable, but (Y/n) didn't care.

"Don't keep secrets from me, Kion. I want to hear the truth."

He sighed. "Alright, alright. Although you might want to sit down."

(Y/n) looked down at the bed she was sitting on, then back at the blonde. She gave him an 'are you serious' look. Kion smiled in embarrassment.

He looked away from (Y/n) when he told her the next words. "Myrrine's execution date is set for tomorrow."

(Y/n) blinked. The meaning of the words finally sunk in, and she jumped off the bed, running to the door. Kion caught up with her, and prevented her from leaving the room.

"Where are you going?" he asked her.

"I've got to save her, Kion. I can't just sit back and watch her die," (Y/n) replied.

"(Y/n), It's already been decided. There's nothing you can do."

"But she was framed. She didn't kill the king," (Y/n) yelled. Her eyes pleaded with Kion. She just wanted him to listen. Just this once.

"I know."

(Y/n) froze. His response was not at all what she expected. Her face contorted into disbelief. "You knew?"

"Yes," he admitted.

(Y/n) grabbed his hand with her own, a new hope surging within her. "Then you can stop this. The guards will believe you if you tell them. They'll let her go."