Chapter 20: A Warning

Recap: (Y/n) plays a question game with Kion, and things get awkward when he asks her if there is someone she loves.

Kion paced outside of the maid quarters. (Y/n) had been avoiding him after their last conversation. His heart ached at the thought of her ignoring him. He had to make it up to her. Therefore, he stood outside the door with a painting in his hand. It was made just for her: a rose for his sweet rose.

"...just thinking about it makes me shiver," a voice said walking out of the room. The group of maid's looked up, surprised to see the blonde prince. However, Kion only spared them a glance.

"Hey Prince Kion, you haven't come to see me in a while," one of the girl's said. She was young, and Kion recognized her.

Anna, or was it Amy?

He didn't know what her name was, only that he had slept with her a few times.

"I'm not interested Amy."

The maid scoffed. "It's Amanda."

"My bad," Kion replied, however it wasn't genuine. Amanda noticed of course.

"Oh (Y/n)!" the blonde prince shouted as soon as he spotted the young female. He handed her the painting in his hand.

Amanda looked on with jealousy, but she didn't bother to hear what they were saying. She was too angry.

She's not even that pretty, and (Y/n), what a stupid name.

Amanda stormed away with the her friends following behind her.

----------------------------------

(Y/n) skipped down the hallway. She was on her way to Roman's room. For some reason she hoped that he would be there.

I think he's growing on me, (Y/n) thought with a small smile.

Roman wasn't so bad, just a little bit easy to piss off. Deep down he just wanted someone to care for him. (Y/n) made it her mission to help him branch out during her stay in the castle. Maybe having more friends would help him heal.

"Excuse me," a voice interrupted her thoughts. (Y/n) turned towards the girl. She recognized her.

"Hey Amanda," (Y/n) greeted. She didn't know the girl that well, but she seemed nice enough.

"I'm really sorry to bother you but could you help me with something? I'm supposed to move this table in the hallway, but it's too heavy."

(Y/n) didn't hesitate before replying, "Of course."

Amanda smiled. Fake. It was all fake. She hated (Y/n). In fact, hate didn't even seem strong enough. (Y/n) thought she was special, but Amanda only saw a plain, boring girl. It was time (Y/n) got that through her head.

"Thanks! Follow me."

Amanda led (Y/n) to an quiet hallway. (Y/n) found it odd that the girl was cleaning in this part of the castle, but she didn't question it. Amanda stopped. (Y/n) looked around confused. There was no table.

"Amanda, are you sure--"

Amanda cut her off by grabbing her shoulders.

"Just shut up bitch," the girl sneered. Her long nails dug into (Y/n)'s shoulder. (Y/n) flinched.

"Wha--what the hell?"

Amanda laughed. The hollow sound echoed off the walls. "Don't act all surprised. I know who you really are. You can't hide it from me."

(Y/n) just stared back with confusion and a hint of fear.

"You think you're all high and mighty. You think you're special," Amanda paused looking the girl up and down. "You're nothing but a worthless slut."