New york part 6

Kartik Aaryan pov :

I went to my room and opened my phone to see messages on my family whatsapp group congratulating us .

I didn't waste time , I called my mom. She picked up my phone in the first ring.

"Mom what are you doing without sleeping ??" I asked as it was so late in night.

"Couldn't sleep without knowing what happened." She said.

"Haha that's so sweet ma but you need to take care of your health." I said.

"Kartik, you didn't tell her about engagement or marriage ?" She asked me.

"Mom no as you know I had many options but I didn't want any spotlight on us , so I took her to the restaurant and a private proposal."

"Yes koki I saw it was so cute and nice idea but why is my daughter in law not wearing a ring ??" She asked me.

"I thought I will give it to her on engagement day.

I hopefully think she will say yes.

Mom didn't I tell Sara will say okay for sure but I am not sure about the next part." I said telling my feelings to mom.

"Ha ha ha ." Was all her reply.

"Mom I was pouring my feeling and you are laughing." I said with a sad face .

"Koki she said yes." Mom said.

"Pardon me." Only then I understand my voice went to a sad tone.

"Yes koki she said yes." She repeated again.

"How do you know, I just left her with her mom and came to my room and called you." I said feeling confused.

"She called kiki and they are in video call. So the first thing Sara said was yes.

But I can't say whether the yes was for reception or marriage that you have to ask her ." My mom said.

"Come on koki just shout if you want don't try to control." Mom said when I was giving my no reaction face.

"Mom I just can't believe , my Sara said yes to me." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Congratulations bhai." My sister said getting the phone from my mom, which means she should have ended the call with Sara.

"So as we planned you guys are taking tomorrow flight ??" I asked kiki.

"Yes Kartik don't worry and everything is in control." My sister assured me.

"Ty kiki ." I said .

"Goodnight to you and mom." I said ending the call.

I drifted to sleep as I want to wake up early.

I could feel a weight on me and it disturbed my sleep.

"Good morning princess." I said still closing my eyes.

"Good morning my hero." She replied back.

"No, it's a no Kartik." Sara said.

"I didn't get you Sara ." I said opening my eyes in confusion .

"It's a no Kartik." She replied back.

"No for what Sara??" I asked feeling sad suddenly as my mom said Sara said yes and I even asked them to catch the plane.

I turned so slowly that Sara would fall on the bed and I can see her .

"Sara Tell me what is the no for ??" I asked her again once I sat in the bed.

"No for marriage Kartik, I am still young Kartik and even you . Plus marriage is sacred and I don't want it to be secret.

I understand you will point out many people who have been married in secret like Arjun Kumaraswamy and not told to the world but they wouldn't have faced the problems like us nor enter into scandal. So it's a big no for marriage." I kept quiet as she made sense.

I remember her telling that she needs to shout to the world that who is husband/lover is.

"Okay so what about the other." I asked her with my finger crossed.

"I thought very hard Kartik" she gave a dramatic pause.

"Sara Tell me ." I said shaking her shoulder.

"When a honest caring handsome guy with a awesome hair comes to you and ask if he want to marry him how could anyone can say no to him and when he happens to be my crush and also a guy who would do anything just to see my smile there is no thinking it's a straight yes." She said blushing.

"Then why didn't you tell me yesterday??" I asked her.

"Then was the fun in that. " she smiled.

"Excuse me , Kartik you asked the question and left asap . If you have waited I would have told you." She said once she saw my expression less face.

"Thanks baby ??" I hugged her .

"Kartik don't be sad that I said no to marriage, you are the my world  and  there would be no one in the world that I want to marry." She said blushing cutely.

"Princess , don't make me emotional " I said smiling at my princess.

"Kartik I have a small wish will you make it happen ??" She asked me with her puppy dog eyes.

"Anything for my future wife." I said grinning.

"I am obsessed with white wedding, Shall we have a photoshoot." Her words made me smile and blush harder.

"Don't you ever disappoint me and consider it done we are having a white wedding photo shoot ??" I asked admiring her.

"Kartik, remember I was the one who wanted to date you in the first place and I am little bit proud to say I love you more than you love me. So it's you who have not disappointed me." She said so cutely that I want to kiss her.

"We don't disappoint each other." I said kissing her forehead.

"Come on only forehead??." She teased me.

"So what's today plan ??" I asked her.

"I am so happy so any where you want to go , all I want is to be with you ." She said.

"You decided ?? " I asked her .

"Okay so we are travelling to the famous places where movies and series were shot." She said.

"Shall I get ready madam ??" I asked her.

"Of course you can." She said .

Once we were ready we decided to enjoy New York inch by inch.

I loved the way how throughout the day she didn't leave my arm.

"I always want you to hold my arm very tightly like this." Only after Sara saw me I knew I spoke out loudly.

" I will Kartik and you too always be there to manage my madness and craziness." she said hitting me in a friendly way.

Sara you don't have the slightest idea of what I have planned for you. When you think this is the biggest surprise I can give you then you are absolutely going to be shocked .

'Wait and watch baby.' I said to myself.