HALDI......... OR HOLI ?? (A story by G)

SARA'S P.O.V:

(Alarm beeps) I woke up to the most annoying sound in the world ... THE ALARM.

Amma had forcefully set the alarm so that I wake up early and get ready in time. I woke up, went to have a bath. Till then Kittu was herself ready sitting in my room with makeup artist,
hair stylist, etc and my lehenga. After a nice half an hour bath I came out in a t-shirt and shorts and then got ready as Kittu and my team wanted. (After a while) Kittu went out as Ma called her.

I was almost ready and my hair stylist was giving some final touches when..... "How is the bride-to-be doing?" Kareena said, entering my room. I was so happy to see her.

"Kareena, when did you come? I really wanna hug you right now but I am in the middle of this thing so I can't" I said, trying to contain my excitement and happiness.

"It's okay Sara, you can hug me later. And I came early in the morning today with Taimur." Kareena said, having a seat on the sofa besides the dressing table.

"Where is he? I want to meet him" I said.

"He is now busy playing with Innaya, whom he has met after so many days so I doubt he would want to meet any of us for quite some time now." Kareena said, smiling.(this chapter was thought of long before so didn't really understand how to include bebo's second child here) .

I got ready and was good to go. We were exiting my room when I abruptly stopped. I signalled and requested my hairstylist to go ahead, so it was only me and Kareena in the room. "Kareena, I might be completely wrong in this and I hope I am. But I have to ask this to you. Can I?" I said in a low voice.

Kareena walked closer to me and keeping her hands on my shoulder, she said "Sara, keep this burden you are feeling aside and say what you want- without any hesitation"

"Tomorrow during the wedding, Amma and Abba will have to sit together for the rituals and I hope you won't mind it that way" I said.

"Bas itni si baat. Do you really think I would get offended or feel bad? Sara, they are your parents. It is their duty and moreover it is their love for you. Then why would I mind?" Kareena said, with a wide smile and hugged me.

"You know what, I expected someone to say these things to me but hearing those from you indicates how responsible you have become and I love that about you" Kareena said, breaking the hug.

We then went out and on my way I said to myself "Karan, you were right! We are a 'Quintessential Modern Family'"

KARTIK'S P.O.V:

I went outside and it was a delightful sight to watch. The whole place was decorated with the essence of turmeric,sandalwood and rosewater all around. I went and touched everyone's feet and greeted them and sat where I was told to.

After making myself comfortable I looked up. Straight in front of me, the most beautiful lady in the world came walking..... SARA.

She came and sat besides me and shook me a little as I was literally gawking at her with my mouth open and everyone saw that.

"Looking handsome and charming, as always" Sara said in a low voice and smiled.

Mom and Amrita ji then did some rituals after which they both applied haldi on our body.

Then one by one everyone applied haldi, Soha, Papa, Saif sir, Saba, Kunal, Kareena, etc. Even taimur and Innaya applied some haldi and that was so adorable. At last came Kittu and Ibrahim. Kittu stood in front of Sara and Ibrahim was standing in front of me. It was kind of weird, cause they both just applied like a drop or two of haldi on our body.

But then....... They both looked at each other, shared a small wicked smile and emptied the entire utensil of haldi on us.

Though Kittu wasn't that harsh on Sara, Ibrahim being Ibrahim, went all out. I quickly saw an extra utensil of haldi. I took it in my hand and ran behind Ibrahim, making sure that every single drop of that haldi was on him.

While everyone's attention was on us, I saw Sara standing right behind Kittu with a whole lot of haldi in her hand.

I gave a wide smile and Kittu was quick to realise that something was not good. But my Sara was quicker, before Kittu could react she was all yellow and Sara and I had our share of return laughter there. Now that Kittu and Ibrahim were all yellow, we four i.e me, Sara, Kittu and Ibrahim did not spare anyone.

So this whole thing happened again with Jehan, Rahul, Kamiya, Sara and others. We celebrated Holi a month early... Not bad. In all this chaos I almost forgot one thing... I didn't apply haldi to Sara's face neither did she. My eyes searched for her.

She was running behind someone, so I went and blocked her way and held her close. "We both literally made everyone bathe in haldi but I still haven't applied haldi on your face neither have you applied it" I said.

She smiled and looked down for a second. She then looked at me, staring into my eyes and because she was a little shorter in height she stood on her toes and rubbed her cheek against mine, applying the fresh haldi that was there on her cheeks.

"Couldn't have asked it in a better way" I said, smirking.

We then went back to our respective villa's to have a bath. In the evening, I went to meet the manager.

. "Sir, I had asked you to keep those dresses which came yesterday in a special room. Can you please take me there now?" I said to the manager.

"Your dresses are perfectly alright. Please follow me, I'll show you where we have kept it" the manager replied and took me somewhere.

It was a small boutique kind of a thing. We went inside and I saw our wedding dress was well taken care of. I sighed in relief.

"Sir, ask someone to keep my clothes in my villa, not now but later. When everyone would be asleep and wrap this other one in the same way as it came" I said to the manager.

)Imagine Sara's dress packed in the same way as Katrina's gown in the song 'Dil Diyan Gallan' )

"Don't worry, sir. We won't let you complain" the manager assured. I then came back to my villa.