RID: Optimus Prime x Half Night Fury!Reader

(Don't own photo)
Requested by: @sssappie
Description: So the reader doesn't know that their in love with Optimus and just kind of wake up every night to make sure he doesn't have a nightmare, and finally one night he did. The reader is just overprotective, observant and loyal! Enjoy!

~~~~••••~~~~••••~~~~

You yawned stretching, leaning against the much larger life form realizing the sun wasn't up yet glancing back down at the mech. The larger male robotic being was your master, although he didn't like being called such a thing, and he was currently recharging after coming back from his usual missions.
You took in his features with a happy sigh. He had a peaceful look upon his faceplates one from his usual stern look, you could feel the heat radiate from his metallic body knowing he wasn't worried. You took in the unique scent realizing just how amazing he smelt, it may be of oil and a bit of high-grade but the usual scent was tingly against your nostrils. The sudden movement of his servo gently running against your scaled back, showed he knew you were still laying against him. For an odd reason you had a nostalgic feeling, as you felt the familiar warmth and care. The mech groaned in his sleep moving gently, you moved toward his neckcables rubbing against the cables with an echoed purr.
The two of you met when you were badly injured trying to get your fangs into some food. That food being a cattle animal, and you knew it was wrong but being without food for a few days made you desperate. And the fact most people didn't like that you were half reptilian, instantly reverted to abuse instead of asking if you needed help. You've always been different with the black scales that coat you from your neck, near your elbows then end at you thighs, your wings are larger to help you fly upward and around faster, and your tail held its fins to help maneuver too, but you were more than the same as all the humans.
So, when Optimus Prime found your wing torn, and bleeding from your side he was very intrigued by your unusual human reptilian look, he wasn't really scared about it since he to was not a human either. He gathered you within his large servo, cradling you against his chassis. The Prime didn't know how to help, but just by his way of caring and trying to get you to stop trying to bite him, he won your heart over. And since that day you've been loyal to him and always trying to protect him anyway you could. You were easy to learn about his origins, his purpose of being on Earth and just how he functioned.
You gently began to snuggle closer earning a sleepy hum from the red and blue mech, who turned his helm away for you to lay better. Just the sight of him trying to make you feel more comfortable made your thoughts race again. Many would say he doesn't show much emotion, and that is true but you could see just how much he cared and loved the ones around him. No matter the problem he'd try his best to help, going out of his way for others, giving up his hard-to-come-by free time.
You sighed leaning against his faceplates gently running your fingers across the smooth metal, allowing your body to heat with another purr. Something about him just made you feel so loved, ever since you joined the Autobots you've been treated better than normal. Fixit would be the first to ask questions about you and Russell would usually touch your wings or tail amazing by how you were half human and half dragon. His dad, Denny Clay, on the other had was a bit worried but you couldn't blame him, a beast like yourself around his youngling isn't the best combination. Optimus assured him that you wouldn't harm little Russell, even though you couldn't speak more than a few words you understood them and observed more than you should've.
You were suddenly brought out of your thoughts by Optimus stirring in his recharge, whispering your name within his vocals. He seemed to be in distress as he shook, without missing a beat you gently bit down on his neck cable making him shake awake from the pain. Optimus understood what had happened not bothered by it, gently opening his bright blue optics that showed brighter from the lubricant brimming at the edge of them. He gasped for air he didn't need, staring around to see his surrounding but all you tried to do was keep his optics on you.
"(Y/n)..." he whispered, with a sad smile pulling you closer. You gladly snuggled against him letting out your best comforting voice, even though it was raspy and barely seemed audible.
"Y-You're okay m-master." You could feel the lubricant fall against your black cloak that covered your scaley figure, but you didn't mind allowing him to cry within your hold. His cries died down to soft hiccups, already knowing he'd fall into recharge sooner or later. Optimus has his optics hooked up to the stars as he began to calm down, barely letting out a shaky sigh.
You knew the Prime let his true self show around you, it may not be for long but it was enough to know how badly he was still hurting. Gently you moved back to curl against his chassis feeling his servo gently cup your form, as he still stared up at the stars with a sad sigh. You on the other end knew he was fine, knowing better than to interrupt his sad state but when he spoke it surprised you.
"Is their a doubt in your mind that I am not a good leader?" His voice echoed in pain but you shook your head, bringing his digit to your lips to place a gentle kiss against it. You could see a smile form on his dermas, as you gently cuddled the digit to show him you were there for him.
"O-Optimus is t-the best." You could feel his body shake, an unknown sound was heard as he chuckled. The feeling within your ears tingled from the sensation of his laugh, it wasn't forced or deep it was very soothing just like music. You could feel your smile brighten at his laugh, as he relaxed rubbing his digit against your head gently.

~~~~••••~~~~••••~~~~

Hopefully this was okay! I'm still going off of that one comment for me to do RID. I used bits and pieces of what a Night Fury is like from a wiki, so hopefully it wasn't that bad. And hopefully y'all's understand what the reader looked like...