Lime?: Heatwave/Kade x Reader

(Don't own photo)
Description: It was the reader and Heatwaves date night, and the excitement didn't last when the entire Rescue Crew begins to act off. The reader has no idea what's happening and can't comprehend the situation, but lucky for them Kade helps.

This is based off Rescue Bots Season 3 Episode 8: Switcheroo.

~~~~••••~~~~••••~~~~

You could feel your body tingle with excitement, not realizing how much you had missed your boyfriend. Every bit of your body numbed with excitement as you quickly finished up cleaning off the counters and table, your supervisor leaning against the counter with a heaving sigh as you skipped about the dinner. He wanted to ask what had gotten you so hyper but once he seen the gleam in your eyes as you slipped out your ear buds, he knew it had to be very important.
Your head tilted up toward the clock hanging on the wall, a familiar gleam in your (e/c) eyes noticing the time as you brought your hands behind your back to undo the apron. Your supervisor gave you a sheepish smile as you scurried passed them to hang up your apron, even before you began to gather your things you could feel his brown eyes on you. But just before you clocked out and opened the door you remembered the pizzas on the counter. Your hands touched the warm white boxes, the scent of cheese, pepperoni and a few other veggies filled you senses nearly making you drool.

"T-Thank you again for letting me off early Mr. Marcello, I'll be sure to remind Kade to thank you for the pizza." You carefully propped the door open, the two pizza boxes barely staying in place.

"See you Monday (y/n)!" His voice was gentle as he watched you enter your car, and drive off out of view.

As you drove down the road you hummed a tune, making sure to stop by the Burns household to give your friend his pizzas you promised the day before and hopefully you'd get home in time to get ready. But as you pulled into the drive way of the garage, which was usually opened, was closed which did make you think something was wrong. You quickly unbuckled your seat belt, and switched out dough smelling t-shirt to a tank top, hoping not to disturb the family with the overwhelming smell of pizza.
Right as you got into the household, you went straight to the living quarters and gently placed down the two large pizza boxes, the scent lingering within the semi-large kitchen. There was no usual bustle of the firehouse, no noticeable sounds or voices, no mechanical rhythms, and no arguing. Sadly this made your heart race as you made your way through the household, not finding any bot or human. When you were about to give up you felt your heart skip a beat as you heard familiar voices mumbling to each other before a voice spoke unknowingly as they rounded the corner.

"Dani!" Your voice was full of excitement and relief as you moved toward the awkwardly smiling female.
Something was off as her usual gear was now replaced with a yellow dress. Although you didn't mind, enjoying the sight of her more feminine side which still kind of disturb you.

"Oh (y/n)! When did you get here?!" Her voice seemed much more energetic, and slightly squeaky, which seemed to throw you off too.
Before you could give a straight answer her body seemed to jolt slightly as she radiated a shining star. Her eyes gleamed as she held up a small tub of ice cream and a spoon full of cookies and cream to your lips, something about her sudden burst of energy reminded you of someone but you couldn't place it.

"Do you want some?" Once again she seemed to jump in her spot, her lips had suddenly become noticeably covered with a pink hue and a strong strawberry scent drifted passed her lips.
You didn't know Dani had such a sweet tooth, which seemed kind of odd since she always watched her figure.

"N-No thanks Dani, would you mind telling me where Heatwave is?" Your voice trembled slightly as you felt her joy almost sink as she hummed slightly, before grabbing your hand.
There was a noticeable stick to her palm as she guided you toward the backyard, the spoon that was once near your lips was now shoved into her mouth as she hummed a muffled melody.