Rescue Bots: Heatwave x Undercover!Autobot!Reader

(Don't own photo)
Requested by: @Immortal_Dragon210
Description: Reader and Kade are trapped in a burning building when suddenly BANG an explosion! Kade takes the brunt of the impact protecting you, you end up risking your strict mission by Optimus Prime to save your crushes friend.

~~~~••••~~~~••••~~~~

You took a deep inhale pressing your ear against the ginger haired males chest, his heart was gently thumping against your ear. The amount of burn marks on his body proved just how badly he took the blast. Each passing second the more the smoke began to affect him, his deep breathes were now wheezes of trying to desperately get air into his lungs. No matter how many times you called his name the more he seemed to fall deeper, you tried to lift him hoping to get out of the crumbling building but it was useless getting down the many stairs. You could hear his heart beat begin to lower realizing just how weak he was, you hoped he could stay awake for a little longer until you could rid of these fires in the room. Gently you placed him by a closed window taking shallowed breathes that you didn't need, you grabbed the near by fire extinguisher quickly snapping out the pin and stumbling with the nozzle. In low side motions the fire in the room began to diminish, allowing you to relax. Slowly you let your body numb watching as the room around you dissolved, knowing the consequences of disobeying Optimus Prime's direct orders. Suddenly the whooshing of flames were replaced by the loud sound of sirens, watching as the Rescue Team pulled up to the building. In one swift jolt your vehicle form began to shift, your sleek metallic body moved swiftly to push passed the four mechs blocking your way. They let out a few gasps at your running form, as you slammed a pede into the buildings lower windows and climbed to the floor your friend was in. Once you reached the floor you quickly reached in to grab the oldest Burns kid, holding him close to your chest as his once wheezing breathes were now desperate gasps for the fresh air. You jumped down feeling lubricant brim at the edge of your optics, as the sticker that once covered your insignia fell onto the concrete floor.
"Is that Kade!?" You nodded your helm at the familiar sound of the leaders vocals.
The red mech wished he could stop to check on his human companion, but he needs to completely put out the fire.
"P-Please, is he going to be okay Danielle?" You leaned down to let Dani take a look at her older brother. She gave you a quick glance, finding your voice familiar, before quickly moving to check on her brother letting out a worried sigh.
"He needs to go to a hospital, now." Dani's voice shook with a noticeable pain,
"Is there anyone else in there?" You glanced down at the grey haired male shaking your helm, while wiping the stray lubricant leaking passed your optics.
"Kade and I evacuated everyone once we seen the fire... I-It's all my fault! Chief, Heatwave I'm so sorry." You could feel your spark ache at the thought of said mech being angry with you for not protecting his partner. Before Dani got into Blades, you gave her an unknowing begging look.
"P-Please let me go with you, I-I need to know he's okay." You could hear the desperation in your voice, as lubricant weld in your optics again. Danielle gave a swift nod, and in an instant you were in vehicle form and your holoform stepped out and jumped into the helicopter. On the fly there Blades and Dani asked a series of questions, and Blades being more so on how you were able to be human. You could barely concentrate from how badly your spark hurt, and that's when you began to sob curling up, interrupting their questions.
"Do you, do you think Heatwave hates me?" You could hear your voice crack from the lump in your throat. Dani placed a hand against the top of your own, rubbing her thumb across it gently in a comforting manner. The seat beneath you began to warm to show that both of them were listening,
"No (y/n), it's not your fault. I'm sure Heatwave understands what happened-" you quickly cut Dani off with a scoff, not because you were mad at her but yourself.
"It is my fault. If I reacted fast enough I would've been able to protect Kade, but instead he saved me when I can't even get a bruise!" You slammed your hands against your head, beginning to quiver under the amount of pain you felt.
"H-Heatwave will never forgive me, not after what happened to Kade... to h-his friend, a human, someone irreplaceable!" You could feel your body fuzz in and out from the amount of emotions you couldn't control, but Blades comforting voice snapped you from you pained thoughts.
"(Y/n), Heatwave will understand and Kade will be alright. Heatwave will forgive you and this won't change a thing..." you could already feel the helicopter embrace you in a hug, even thought he could but that thought alone calmed your nerves a bit. But blades took a deep inhale a nervous chuckle following,
"I mean yes he'll get mad, but thats because you put yourselves in danger and he cares."

You sat silently within the Firehouse all optics on you, each tick of the clock sent more uneasy feelings down your back struts.
"So, are you going to explain (y/n). If that even is your name." You flinched at Heatwave's annoyed vocals, realizing just how angry he was. Before you could speak you could hear the faint voice of the young blonde Burns, trying to reason with the red mech.
"I'm sure (y/n) has a good reason, there's no need to be so mean to a close friend." Cody moved to cross his arms, standing in front of you. You gave a shake of your helm lifting the little Burns within your servo, gently ruffling his blonde hair like you usually do.
"It's okay Cody, Heatwave has all the right to be angry." Your vocals shook in a saddened tone as you gave a sad smile. You moved to let the young Burns sit against your palm, feeling him shift to get comfortable. With a deep inhale you glanced around,
"I-I am deeply sorry for keeping myself hidden, I was under strict orders by Optimus Prime." You could feel your body shake, finding it difficult to keep Cody within your hold. Gently you set Cody down on the large couch, watching as he gave a knowing smile at your actions.
"And what were your orders?" You glanced over at the blue mech, shyly glancing to the side with a nervous smile. Gently you placed a hand at the back of your neckcables, realizing you were more anxious than before.
"Um, to keep an eye on you four, and to test his medics new device. My holoform, or uh human form I guess. Also to see how you interacted with humans, no one else knew of this beside his team and I." You gave Chase a happy smile, moving to gently show them where the device was placed. Boulder was amazed at the sight, looking up at you then at the picture along the wall of you and them.
"And you can do all that humans can? Well I mean you can after all that we've been through, but this explains so much." Boulder gave a happy hum, asking if you could demonstrate how it works. And in an instant you were human, your (h/c) hair was kind of frizzy from how long you stayed up the night before and your (e/c) were dull from tears. Everyone began to admire the technology and how easy it was for you to be human, although you were trying to keep it to a minimum.
"Are you able to faze through walls? There was a movie I seen-" Blades knocked you from your thoughts, but your attention was quickly drawn to the red firetruck who cut him off with a familiar growl.
"Because of you Kade was harmed, Autobot or not that was a stupid thing to do. Our job is to protect humans not the other way around!" His voice was like needles pricking at your spark, knowing he was mad from what happened to his partner. You could feel your body tingle from the amount of force against your body, feeling a servo dig into your shoulderplating. Heatwave had a ferocious look in his optics, as his visor clicked over hiding an emotion you could barely read.
"I-I tried to protect Kade, you know how stubborn he can be. It was just so sudden, but I knew that explosion could've killed him! You think I would've let that happen? I know how much he means to you... your opinion is all that matters to me and I'm so sorry." You stared into the mechs optics begging, pleading that he would accept that you tried. His orange optics dilated watching as his visor clicked back, a shaky sigh escaping his dermas as he nodded his helm. He leaned closer to you in a weak way, his servo shaking from the emotions he tried to hold back.
"(Y-Y/n), I'm scared for him." His vocals shook in a whisper only you could hear, it still was slightly angry but more so sad. Suddenly you could feel Heatwave pull you into his chassis all of his anger finally gone, all that you could feel was the gentle tap against your metal plating. The mech had you in an iron hold, letting all of his emotions out as lubricant slipped down his faceplates. You motioned for the others to leave, knowing he didn't want them to see him like this. The other complied and went up to the garage, giving you sorrowful optics. Each sniffle the mech made only signaled your body to comfort him, gently you rubbed your digits along his back struts. Heatwave made no other movements other than letting his helm snuggle into your neck cables, trying his best to control his constant sobs. Slowly you pulled away, softly wiping away the stray lubricant watching as he gave a grunt at the action.
"I stayed at the hospital all day yesterday and late this morning, so believe me hothead's doing fine. He just needs rest and time to heal." You moved to completely pull away, only for the mech to grip your hips gently. A small smile present on his dermas, as he leaned down to lay his helm against your shoulder.
"I'm glad... but I was also worried about you, since I thought both of you were in trouble. I'm just glad your both okay." He took a deep inhale letting his dermas lay gently against your helm,
"I didn't mean to lash out at you for being worried, I just feel so helpless." He pulled you closer, you could feel your body relax under his hold. Heatwave took another deep inhale, as his optics offlined enjoying the comforting feeling. You gave a happy hum continuing to run your digits along his back strut, hoping this moment could last a little longer.

~~~~••••~~~~••••~~~~

This is trash! I had like five ideas and went with this one, sorry if it sucks.