2.

Chapter 2: Irrelevant

~~•~~

THE FOUR FRIENDS picked up Kiara at the end of her deck. She wore a backpack and carried a red ice chest full of beer. Kiara was definitely the mom of the group, always keeping track with the boys and bringing snacks along with any alcohol they could get a hand on.

"Top of the morning to ya," Serena said to her best friend.

"Morning," Kiara said and got in the boat.

"whatcha got?" JJ asked.

"You know just some  yogurt and carrot sticks," She said sarcastically as she sat next to Serena and handed Serena and JJ a beer.

Serena took off her shirt and JJ whistled at her making Serena shake her head, "Damn, baby!"

"In your dreams," She laughed.

Pope took over the boat and John B grabbed a beer out of the red ice chest.

"Let me show y'all a trick," JJ said and took off his shirt. Serena couldn't help but look at him, Kiara wiggled her eyebrows at Serena.

She shook her head and watched JJ stand at the front of the boat, "Hey, Pope can you go any faster?"

Pope sped up and JJ lifted up his beer. Serena knew what he was about to do. She got up to move but felt cold beer hit her back.

"JJ!" she yelled and turned around to see him still trying to catch the beer in his mouth.

"Alright you're done!" John B said but suddenly the boat hit something hard and made JJ fly out the boat and into the water.

John B caught Serena before she hit her head on the edge of the boat. She quickly got up and made sure Kiara and JJ were okay.

"You okay, JJ?" Serena asked when he popped up.

He let out a groan, "I think my heels touched the back of my head."

Serena sighed in relief, "What did we hit?"

"Sandbar," Pope said, "The channel changed."

"No shit," JJ said as he swam back to the boat.

"Hey, I saved the beer though," JJ said and Serena shook her head.

"Congratulations," She scoffed.

"Guys I think there's a boat down there," Pope said as he looked in the water.