5.

Chapter Five: Princess

~~•~~

THE SUN WENT down and all the teens at the boneyard gathered around the fire. Serena sat next to Kiara and drank the beer in the red solo cup in her hand. Serena wasn't the biggest fan of beer, but she thought it was better than nothing.

Serena turned around to see JJ talking to Sarah and Topper. She felt the tension between the two boys and Serena got up from her spot.

"That's nice, but I didn't ask you," JJ said as Serena showed up by John B, "If you said pretty please, maybe, but you didn't."

Sarah looked at her cousin and gave her a tight smile, but Serena rolled her eyes.

"Oh, pretty please," Topper said sarcastically.

"Yeah, Sarah," JJ said and tried to give sarah the drink in his hand.

"She doesn't want it, you..." Topper said and splashed the drink in JJ's face.

Fuck

Serena said to herself. She knew this wasn't going to end well. Kooks and Pogues don't go well together, they've been enemies for decades.

Suddenly JJ grabbed Topper by his shirt and pushed him. John B pulled the two apart and Serena tried to calm JJ down.

"Stop," She told him as she grabbed his hands.

"You're so funny, man," JJ yelled at Topper.

"Dirty Pogues!" Topper yelled and John B turned around and pushed Topper.

"We're supposed to be incognito, remember?" Pope said to the two boys.

Serena held onto JJ, "It's not worth it," She said to him and he finally looked into her eyes, "please don't do anything stupid, JJ."

He could see the worry in her aqua eyes. The grip on his bicep made him want to melt under her touch. Then the sound of a fist hitting a face caught their attention.

Topper punched John B and he fell to the wet sand. Serena looked at Sarah with pure anger in her eyes.

JJ started to freak out but Serena wouldn't let go of him, "Serena let me go!" JJ said to her but she shook her head.

"I don't want to hurt you," He said as his chest heaved up and down rapidly.

Serena looked back at the two boys fighting, she gripped JJ tighter as he tried to fight his way out. Topper kicked John B until he was almost into the ocean.

"Hey, John B, don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" Topper yelled and kicked John B again.

Finally, John B stood up and tackled Topper into the water. Serena let go of JJ and watched the two boys fight in the water.

"Stop!" she yelled, "Sarah get your fucking piece of shit of a boyfriend!"

"Topper!" Sarah yelled but the two kept going.

The boys traveled back to the sand and broke apart for a short moment. Topper put up his fist and so did John B. Serena and Kiara kept yelling at them, but of course they didn't listen as the rest of the teens chanted them to fight.

John B threw the first punch and succeeded, JJ cheered him on, "Come on!" John B yelled.

Topper laughed and threw the next punch. John B fell back a little while Topper went for another hit, but John B dodged it and hit Topper in his abdomen. John B then body slammed Topper into the water.

"Come on, Topper!" John B yelled as Topper stood up, "Let's go!"

John B got a few good hits, and Topper got one and body slammed John B. Serena noticed that Topper was holding John B's head in the water. Serena began to panic and looked at JJ.

"Topper! Topper stop!" Sarah yelled.

"He's drowning him!" Serena yelled.

Serena noticed that JJ left her side and she looked up to see him holding a gun to Topper's head. When everyone noticed that he had a gun, they started running.

"JJ!" Serena yelled.

"Stop, JJ!" Sarah cried out.

The three girls and pope slowly approached them, "Put the gun down," Sarah said.

"Did you say something princess?!" JJ said.

"We're good! We're good!" Topper said and put his hands up.

"Put the gun down!" Sarah yelled again.

JJ laughed and took the gun off Toppers head and pushed him slightly.

"Rena, can you check your psycho friend, Please!" Sarah yelled.

Serena got in Sarah's face, "Check yourself before you call him psycho, you bitch...you don't know what psycho looks like, now get the fuck off our land and take your pussy ass boyfriend before JJ really fucks him up, okay princess?"

JJ then started yelling and raised the gun into the air, "Okay, everyone listen up, get the hell off our side of the island!" then he fired twice into the air.

Everyone screamed and the rest of the teens ran away. Serena went to JJ and pushed his arm down that had the gun.

"are you crazy? you idiot!" Pope yelled.

"I'm saving his life, okay?!" JJ said and looked at John B.

"Stupid!" Pope yelled, "You're gonna jeopardize everything!"

"Shut the fuck up, Pope!" Serena said and looked at JJ, "Calm down, he's okay."

JJ wouldn't look at her until she put her hands on the side of his face and forced him to look at her. When he looked at her, the anger slowly left his body and his breathing slowed down.

"He's okay," Serena said in a calm tone and hugged him and his arms wrapped around her waist.