12.

Chapter Twelve: Ye ole Dr. Cottonmouth

 Cottonmouth

~~•~~

THE THREE FRIENDS made it to JJ's house. They dropped off his van earlier at John B's incase the cops would look for it. The three waited patiently for John B and Kiara. As time went by, Serena grew anxious, but JJ told her that they were fine.

Later on, John B pulled up to JJ's, honking his horn and motioned them to get in the van. Serena felt relived and got up to walk to the van.

"Let's ride," JJ said.

"This better be good," Pope scoffed.

Serena got a smile from John B, "Glad you're okay, Bubba."

"Yeah, just wait until I tell you what happened," John B said, "Get in, we're going get Kie."

Serena nodded and got into the passenger seat. John B drove off and explained to his friends what happened when they got caught by cops. John B also explained that he was chased by the mysterious men. Good thing that the sheriff arrived and saved his ass. He also felt like he could trust her with the compass, so he handed it over to the sheriff.

They arrived at Kiara's restaurant, "The Wreck". Pope went inside to get her, but he came out by himself.

"She says she's not coming," Pope said to his friends in the van.

"Why not?" Serena said in confusion, "She's never said no to hangin out."

"What'd you do to her, John B?" JJ asked.

"Shit," John B huffed and opened his door, "Hang on, i'll deal with it."

"I wonder what he did," Serena said and JJ shrugged.

Serena crawled to the back of the van, and the three friends waited for John B to come back with Kiara. When they saw the two come out of the restaurant, they hit the road towards the graveyard.

JJ and Serena sat all the way in the back with JJ's head on her lap while smoking a joint. Serena watched the sun set and played with JJ's hair.

"You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked as he sat up, "It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down...I'm just gonna lay low."

JJ looked at Pope, "Oh, did you want to hit this?" He asked as he tried to hand Pope the joint.

Pope put his hand up, "I keep the signal clear."