23.

Twenty Three: Those Three Words

~~•~~

THE CREW WENT to the Kildare Hawk's Nest where they would meet Sarah Cameron to get the map they needed to find the gold, after Serena calmed down. She was still angry at John B that he kept this from her and the others. Serena was also mad at JJ that he didn't tell her when he saw her at the ball.

JJ apologized many times, he probably said, "I'm so sorry, baby," or "I should have told you, I'm sorry, Rena," a thousand times. It did make Serena's heart melt but she wanted him to suffer the consequences even when she wanted to kiss him and say it was okay.

When they got to the place, Pope opened the side door on the van and they were about to get out the van until John B stopped them.

"Yo, uh...I think I'm gonna do this one by myself," He said, "Tonight."

Kiara gave him and look and Serena didn't even want to look at him. She kept her eyes out the window and stayed silent.

"Really?" JJ scoffed.

"What?" John B asked.

"Nothin," JJ shrugged and looked at Serena. He did feel bad for keeping everything from her.

"I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery," John B said.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all!" Kiara remarked.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B scoffed, "it's just, uh, like a business meeting...look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need the map."

JJ made some disturbing gestures which made Serena smile a little but she made sure to hide it.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you," Kiara said.

"Nothing is happening, Kie," John B said.

"I'm being serious," she added.

Serena let out a groan, "Just fucking go already! If she gets inside his head, then oh well!"

"There's nothing happening between us," John B said in annoyance.

"That was really believable," JJ chuckled.

"A hundred percent believable," Pope agreed.

"Why should I believe you when you've lied twice?" Serena said and glared at him.

"Rena," He sighed and she shook her head, "anyways, um...i'm gonna take care of business."

"You're gonna take care of it," JJ nodded.

John B ignored Pope and JJ's comments and got out of the van. Serena laid her head against the van door.

"You know," Pope said, "holding onto your grudge is like drinking poison and thinking Sarah will die."