11.

Chapter Eleven: In Deep Shit

~~•~~

THE CREW HOPPED into John B's van, he had a hunch about why Redfeild was written on the back of the compass. He told his four friends about the Redfeild lighthouse which was his dads favorite place.

Serena sat between Pope and JJ in the back of the van while Kiara and John B were in the two front seats.

"I mean it's obvious, right?" John B asked, "A family heirloom...what better place to hide a message, he had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?"

"I guess it could be possible," Serena said, "It's something your dad would do."

"It could also be possible that you're conducting while theories to help...you know, deal with your sad feels," Pope said and Serena slapped him on the back of the head, "Ouch!"

"Bro," JJ said, "You know how i process my sad feels..."

"Oh, God," Serena scoffed.

"Dank bugs and the stickiest of the ickies, that's how I do it," JJ said.

"Shut up," Serena fussed, "He's literally just trying to find answers, okay?!"

"Exactly," John B said, "I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message."

"If it helps you believe, John B," Kiara said in a soft tone.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out," John B said. Serena could tell that John B was getting annoyed with their friends, and she couldn't blame him.

"It's okay to trip, bro, but-," JJ was about to say before John B cut him off.

John B's voice grew louder, "Look, my-my dad is missing, okay? Missing...You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened...just wake up every morning wondering."

"I know, Bubba," Serena said and placed her hand on his shoulder, "Trust me, I know the pain...even if it's been six years, It's the worst feeling a person can go through. Loosing not just your parent, but the person who promised to be with you every step you take."

John B smiled at her, and was happy that she understood what he was going through. Serena was his sister, blood or not. She was his first best friend, she promised to be by his side no matter what.

"It's almost been a year," Kiara mentioned.

John B ignored Kiara's comment and kept his eyes on the road.