27.

Chapter Twenty Seven: No-Brainer

~~•~~

SERENA FELT A little overwhelmed with the situation with Sarah and Kiara. Kiara was Serena's best friend that she loved unconditionally, but John B has a more heartfelt bond with her that is impossible to break. They felt closer than just best friends, but Serena didn't want to choose sides. She did feel bad for not taking up for Kiara, but she didn't know what to do.

As Serena day on the counter top in John B's kitchen. She was in a daze, thinking about what just happened between the crew. Serena hoped that it didn't change anything between them.

"What's wrong?" JJ asked as he stood in front of her, "You look like something is on your mind," he said as he tucked a pice of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"I just don't know which side to take," Serena said loud enough for only JJ to hear, "JB is my brother and Kiara is my best friend...I don't want to pick sides."

"Then don't," He said, "Just stay out of it for now, and let them deal with it."

"What if it changes everything?" Serena asked, "We've been best friends practically our whole life."

JJ shook his head slightly and placed his hands on the sides of her face gently, "You worry to much, Darlin'," He said and kissed her forehead, "That won't happen."

Serena smiled at him before wrapping her arms around his neck, leaving their faces a few inches apart.

"I guess your right," She chuckled, "For once."

"Ouch," he said back and connected their lips.

"Get a room," Pope said as he walked in the house after talking to Kiara.

"What did she say?" John B asked as he threw Pope a water bottle.

"That you're an idiot," Pope responded.

"It's a no-brainer," JJ scoffed, "You're picking Kie," He said a took a beer from the fridge.

"Mm-mm," John B hummed as he took a swig of his beer, "Look, I cant make a decision."

"And that's okay, Bubba," Serena said, "If I were you, i wouldn't make a decision either."

John B sent her a soft smile and said, "Thanks, sis...at least someone understands."

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ asked and Serena looked at him, she could have said something but JJ gave her a look, "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it."