30.

Chapter Thirty: Cash For Gold

~~•~~

IT WAS THE happiness they've ever been. It felt like a dream to Serena, she was so scared that she was going to wake up and everything was a dream. Serena prayed that nothing could ruin their happiness, but little did she know that she was up for a rude awakening.

Serena's eyes slowly opened to see JJ already awake. A smile formed on his face, he loved the way she looked in the morning...bare face and messy hair.

"Good morning," He said and kissed her forehead, "Sleep good?"

"Yeah, I dreamed about all that gold," Serena chuckled and let him engulf her in his arms, "and you of course."

"It feels like we're in a dream," JJ said, "I hope we never wake up."

"Me too," She sighed and then sat up, "I'm gonna take a shower and then we can go to John B's."

"You know if we take a shower together, it will save water," JJ said with a smirk.

"Oh really?" Serena chuckled, "I guess we should save some water."

"I think we should," JJ smiled and got out of the bed, chasing Serena to the bathroom.

~~•~~

At John B's, Serena, Kiara and Sarah we're sitting in John B's van going over Pope's pulls idea to get the rest of the gold.

"He said it looked something like this," Kiara said as they all looked at the paper in her hand with the sketches, "That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope...so I guess this little wagon will go straight to the gold room."

Sarah and Serena began to laugh from being a little high from JJ's blunt they smoked earlier, "Whoever drew this needs some art classes," Serena laughed.

"Who drew this?" Sarah said with a laugh.

"Who do you think?" Kiara chuckled and they all looked at Pope who was also looking at them while He and John B were working on the pulley.

"Kie!" JJ said as he walked up to the van, "This better work," he threw a couple bars of gold on the van floor, "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

Kiara picked up a small blow torch, "It's gonna work."

"I thought he said weed," Serena said and bursted into laughter and so did Sarah.