17.

Chapter Seventeen: Luxury Life

~~•~~

LATER THAT DAY JJ and Pope left to go deliver things for Pope's dad and Kiara, John B, and Serena went surfing. Serena was so excited to go surfing, it felt like forever since she caught a good wave.

Serena sat on her board in the water and waited for a good wave. When she felt like it was a good one, she laid on her board and began to paddle. When she stood up, she felt all of the adrenaline. For a second, she could feel like her dad was on the sand, chanting her name.

When she was done with that wave, she paddled towards Kiara and John B to see what they were doing, since they were just sitting there talking.

"Hey," Serena said as she was out of breath.

John B looked at Kiara and then at Serena with a smile, "When were you going to tell us about what happened last night?"

Serena's eyes widened, "I told JJ not to say anything yet!"

"When were you planning on telling us?"
Kiara laughed.

"I don't know," Serena shrugged.

"I knew it was going to happen," John B shrugged, "You two are always all over each other."

"Shut up!" Serena said and splashed John B.

"Hey!" The three heard and looked to see JJ and Pope running towards the water with their boards, "Save some waves for us!" JJ yelled.

"Finally!" Serena yelled and JJ paddled towards her, "I'm gonna hurt you, JJ."

"Why?" JJ asked and then he realized and started paddling away, "I actually like my face!"

Serena shook her head and began paddling and waited for a good wave to catch.

The five friends surfed for hours. Serena did a couple tricks she's never tried before. John B and JJ always talked about how she was an amazing surfer, so they weren't surprised when she did the tricks perfectly. She caught a couple barrel waves and was close to getting wiped out.

When the sun started going down, the five friends went to John B's place and laid in the hammocks. Serena and JJ laid in the same one and talked about little things.

"You really think it's out there?" Pope asked, "Like, no bullshit?"

"My father thought it was," John B said, "and so did Rena's grandfather."