25.

Twenty Five: Heebie Jeebies

~~•~~

AS THEY DROVE around, following the map. Serena was sitting in the back of the van with JJ, playing with his lighter. She waved her hand over the flame and JJ took it from her.

"Hey," she pouted.

"You're gonna burn yourself," JJ chuckled.

"was not," She said back and took his red hat off his head and put it on herself.

JJ ran his hand through his messy hair and smiled at her, "Looks better on you anyways."

"Okay," Pope said, "so the road should split up here, take a left."

John B took a sharp turn and Serena's head hit the window, "Damn, JB, take it easy."

"My bad," He chuckled, "You have a hard head anyways."

Serena put up her middle finger and followed it with a laugh. She loved her and John B's relationship. They act like actual siblings, they argue, they fight, but they love each other unconditionally.

"That looks like a stone wall to me," JJ said as John B stopped the van and put it in park.

"This is it," Pope sighed.

Serena looked out the window to see a large two story house they looked old, yet fancy if that made sense at all.

"The Crain house," Serena mumbled.

The crew got out of the van and approached the stone wall in front of the house, "Are you kidding me?" Kiara said.

"Worse-case scenario," JJ scoffed.

"This place gives me the heebie jeebies," Serena said and goosebumps formed on her arms.

Serena remembered her father saying that the Crain house is a very spooky place. Legend has it that Mrs. Craine murdered her husband with an axe. Even Serena's father said he would never get near the house.

"Out of all the places on this damn island...," Serena said, "Why here?"

"I heard that Mrs. Craine buried her husband's head on the property," JJ said as they all looked at the house.

~~•~~

"Look, you guys know who's house this is, right?" Kiara asked as they walked through the garden that looked like it hasn't been taken care of for years.