14.

Chapter Fourteen: Just A Bad Dream

~~•~~

AFTER EVERYTHING WAS calmed down, the five best friends sat at the end of John B's dock. Everyone was silent, the only sound was the chirping of the crickets, the croaks from frogs, and Kiara's ukulele.

Serena sat on the railing of the deck along with her five friends. Her eyes stayed on the moon as she was in a daze. She imagined what her life would be like if her father was still alive. Serena assumed that her and her dad would be surfing every other day like they use to. She smiled when she remembered catching her first wave, it felt like it was yesterday to her.

"How much was it again?" JJ asked randomly and snapped Serena back to reality.

"Four hundred mil," John B answered.

"All right, lets talk the split," JJ said, "Now, before we say evenly, may I remind you that I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us," He said as he raised the black pistol, "Protection? Not cheap, okay?"

"You haven't trained," Pope added, "You've done zero training."

"YouTube, bro!" JJ exclaimed, "that's at least a five percent bump right there, any objections?" JJ asked and Kiara, Pope and Serena raised their hands, "Didn't think so...I don't hear any."

"I object," Serena said and JJ pointed his finger at her.

"Hush," he said and the two laughed.

"What are you gonna do with your 100 mil, Pope?" Kiara asked.

"Pay for college in advance," Pope said, "And also, textbooks. Those are expensive."

"Rena?" JJ asked.

Serena looked at her three friends and thought for a moment, "get my mom out of debt, buy us a new house, and then get that sailboat my dad dreamed of, the boat he promised to sail around the world with me and momma...one day I want to get on that boat and go all over and see what the world is, I'm gonna do it for him since he didn't get the chance."

"Do you even know how to sail?" JJ asked.

"YouTube, bro," She said in a deep voice to mimic JJ which made them laugh, "what about you, Kie?"

"Yeah," Pope said, "what does a socialist do when she's rich?"

Kiara let out a small chuckle, "Just wanna make a double album...about OBX, the Pogues, you know, the way Catch a Fire is about Kingston. Record it at Marley Studio, Peter Tosh producing."