32.

Chapter Thirty Two: The Cat's Ass

~~•~~

WHEN SERENA GOT home, she went straight to her room and laid down in her bed. She was worried about JJ, she hoped that he didn't go home. He was already in a very bad mood, and if he caught a small attitude with his dad, it would end very badly.

The image of JJ getting beat by his father upset her even more. Trails of tears flowed down her face like a river, and sobs came out. Her mother then walked in to see her daughter sobbing. Katherine immediately embraced her and let her cry on her shoulder.

"Rena, babygirl," Katherine said in a soothing tone, "What's wrong?"

"I just had a really bad day, mom," Serena sobbed, "that's all."

"It's okay," Katherine sighed and continued holding her daughter, "everything is gonna be okay."

~~•~~

Later that night, Serena was woken up from her nap. She sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes before turning on the battery powered lantern. She felt the urge to go find JJ and see if he was okay. Serena got out of her bed and went to go tell her mom before going to John B's to see if JJ was there first.

When Serena got to John B's, she saw Pope and Kiara there by Pope's truck. She furrowed her eyebrows as she approached them.

"Hey," she said, "What are y'all doing?"

"Bringing the rest of the stuff for the pulley," Pope said, "What about you?"

"Seeing if JJ is here," she sighed and then suddenly, lights in the trees turned on, "I guess that's him."

Serena began walking and the two followed behind her. She then saw her boyfriend in a new hot tub with sunglasses on and a drink in his hand.

"Hey," she said and he looked at the girl with a smile, "This is some hot tub you got here."

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asked.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now," JJ chuckled, "Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?" he said and poured more champagne in his glass.

"Salud!" he said and chugged the champagne from the bottle.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asked.

"uh...well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery...pretty much all of it," JJ said and Serena let out a deep sigh.