26.

Chapter Twenty Six: Hail Mary

~~•~~

AFTER WALKING AROUND for a while, John B found a trap door that lead into a baseball of the house. He called to his friends and they immediately went towards his.

"It's the only place we haven't looked," John B said as Serena walked up.

Serena turned around to see where her boyfriend went. He came out of the bushes and tripped as a bug went after him. Serena chuckled at him before putting her attention back on John B.

"Here we go," he said to himself before he turned on his flash light and entered the door.

Serena followed behind him and looked around the basement. There was spider webs everywhere and she could feel her skin crawling.

"Down came Mrs. Craine and cut off all our heads," JJ began singing, "Up came the sun and dried up all the blood."

"Can you stop?" Pope said in annoyance.

Serena stood by John B and began looking around, "See any water?" she asked, "Because I don't."

"Another dead end," Kiara said.

"There's not even water on the pipes," JJ said as he glided his hands on the pipes.

"There's no water here," Pope remarked.

"No shit," Serena scoffed.

"Not a dropamino," JJ commented.

Serena could see the frustration in John B's face. She believed that the gold was close, she had a feeling and John B had it too.

"Know why we didn't find it?" Kiara asked, "Bad karma."

"Here we go," John B muttered.

"You know, we had a good thing going," Kiara said to John B, "and then you decided to rope in Barbie, and now the trail's gone dry,"

"Okay," Serena said and looked at Kiara, "Can you not start arguing right now and figure this shit out?!"

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah," John B said, "Why can't you be like Rena and get over the past? What the hell's the deal with you two anyways?"

"Nothing," Kiara shrugged.

"Nothing?" John B said, "Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?"