9.

Chapter Nine: Mystery Men

~~•~~

THE THREE FRIENDS arrived at Scooter's house. They got out of John B's volkswagen van and began walking towards the vibrant colored house.

"You know what this house looks like?" JJ asked, "Whoever lives here smokes too much weed."

"Probably," Serena chuckled until she heard glass shatter.

The three looked at each other as they heard more crashing inside the house. Serena then heard men's voices.

"Bullshit!" a man yelled.

"Maybe we should come back," Serena whispered, "It's still too soon."

"No, no," John B said, "Just be quiet, please."

Serena nodded and began to feel the familiar feeling of anxiety.

"Tell me where it is or i'll fuck you up!" A man yelled, "I'll sink you in the fucking—," suddenly Lana screamed.

"You're hurting me," she cried.

The three continued to move closer to the house quietly. The men screamed at lana asking the whereabouts of something. Lana kept saying she didn't know, and it only made the men more angry.

The three approached a window and John B went to look through it until JJ pulled him to the ground. Serena squatted down and put her back against the house. She flinched at the woman's cries and the crashes.

"Still think we should stay?" JJ asked John B.

"The compass wasn't in the boat!" A man yelled, "Where is it lana?"

Serena looked at John B with wide eyes when she heard them say something about the compass. More glass smashed and Serena flinched. She closed her eyes and tried to calm down, but she was scared.

JJ grabbed her hand and she looked at him, "I won't let anything happen to you," He whispered. Serena sent him a small smile and squeezed his hand gently.

Chipped paint began to fall from the house and landed into the three teens' hair. Serena shielded her eyes and made sure nothing got in them.

"Is that paint?" JJ asked.

"Yes, it's paint," John B said.

"Let's get the hell outta here, man," A man said to another.

John B slowly stood up and watched the two large figures in the house. He moved closer to the edge of the house.