33.

Chapter Thirty Three: Finders Keepers

~~•~~

LATER THAT DAY the four friends hopped in the boat and made their way to the Cameron's household. They assumed that John B went to the Cameron's house. Serena was shocked by her uncle's behavior. She knew he had some anger issues, but not a killer. Serena didn't want to believe John B, but she knows him better than anybody, he wasn't lying.

The other four friends stayed in the boat that was docked by the yacht, contemplating if they should go up to the house. It hurt Serena more than anything to see the pain and anger in his eyes. Her eyes stayed on the glistening water as her friends tried to make up a plan.

"What now?" JJ asked, snapping Serena out of her gaze, "We just go up to the front door and ask, "Hey, have you seen John B?"

"Look," Kiara sighed, "He lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible...we can play dumb."

"Play dumb?" Serena asked as she turned around to look at her friends, "Ward isn't stupid, he'll know we're up to something."

"I've never seen John B like that," Kiara said, "We should honestly be going to the cops."

"The cop— yeah, and say what, Kie?" JJ asked, "We're worried about our friend because he's on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us!"

"Hey, I see Ward," Pope said as he looked through his binoculars.

"Let me see," Kiara said and Pope handed it to her.

Serena watched her uncle walk out of his house and began looking around.

"Doesn't look dead to me, lets go home," Pope said.

"What?" Kiara asked and looked at her friend.

"Uh...okay," Pope shrugged, "Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay? Plus, I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours."

"Good for you, Pope," Serena said in annoyed tone, "John B is more important to me than your important moment, okay? He's in trouble!"

"I'm in trouble," Pope remarked, "Guys, I haven't been home in three days...my dad's probably put all my shit on the street by now."

"Okay, so that's it?" Kiara asked and Pope looked at her, "In a time of need, you're just gonna hail? You're just gonna walk away?"