34.

Chapter Thirty Four: Son of A Bitch

~~•~~

IT WAS HARD for JJ to see his best friend and his girlfriend so upset about the situation with Big John and Ward Cameron. The love of his life's Uncle killed a man who was like a father to him. Big John gave JJ the love a father should, since his actual father is a piece of shit. Big John felt bad for the kid, so he took him under his wing along with Serena.

After Pope had told his friends about the plane, the crew hopped in John B's van and made their way to the private airstrip.

"We go in there, guns a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there," JJ said as he loaded his gun with bullets.

Serena wanted to do more than make Ward beg for his life. She wanted to beat the hell out of him. Not just because he killed Big John, but the things he said about her mother a couple years ago.

"Send that shit down the intracoastal," John B said.

"Wait for the weather," Kiara added.

"Exit to Cuba," Pope smiled.

"Cuba?" JJ asked, "No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan. Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money."

"Let's do this shit," John B said.

When they arrived at the airstrip, they parked at a fence that surrounded the large area. The five friends got out of the van and walked up to the fence.

"Okay, what's the plan?" Kiara asked, "Broad Strokes."

"I don't think we got that far," John B said as they looked at the plane.

Pope got out his binoculars, "They're loading up the gold," he said and John B grabbed the binoculars from Pope's hands and looked for himself.

"There's Ward," John B said as a car pulled up by the plane. He watched Sarah get out of the car and he felt his heart drop. John B put down the binoculars and kept his eyes on the Cameron girl.

"What?" Serena asked when she saw his facial expression, "Bubba, what is it?"

"It's Sarah," he said and her eyes searched for her cousin.

"Oh no," she sighed.

John B put the binoculars back up to his eyes and the crew could hear Sarah's faint voice screaming, "No!".