Chapter 3. Obsession

As of now, people have started gathering outside the company of WangJi, some asking for an explanation and some asking to just see WangJi. WangJi who left the company in a hurry a couple of hours ago is now in his small apartment, gazing at the night stars as his eyes are showering small beads of tears.

Grabbing a can of beer, he's trying to calm himself when again he remembers the entire ordeal and throws the can across the room; spilling the beer across the room the can hit a picture across the room.

WangJi got up in a hurry at the realization that he just ruined his most precious possessions. A picture of his mother (Mrs. Lan), as Lan grabbed that picture he broke down all over again, and the cycle repeated till his body finally wore of and he fell asleep on the floor holding his mother's portrait in his arms, as it was the only thing left with him.

~10,597 km away, somewhere in Chicago~

"Mr. Wei if you are done dozing off inside the class room, may I dare to ask you for your attention, Your Highness!!!!" An old guy, in his late 50's wearing a professor's robe, referred to Wei WuXian, who just woke up from one of his sweetest dreams ever, smiling like an idiot he nodded like he's the happiest creature alive.
And moments later you could hear Xian's cute snores across the classroom all over again. His snores were cute enough to make his entire class fall for him, no matter be it a girl or a guy, as soon as they saw this cute yet handsome af guy, they'd fall for him right away. Xian, the only son of Wei Xang, tall and handsome, muscular guy who was the school's best badminton player, he even got a few gold medals in different sports when he was in school. A guy, with a defined jawline, a prompt collar bone, manly hands, and his physique so defined that even guys would drool over him. He's been the center of attention his entire high school and now that a handsome guy is studying at LAW college there is more reason for people to lose their minds of his looks.

"Ahm ahm!!!!" again a voice snapped Xian out of his slumber but this time it was no one else but the professor, who decided to sit next to the prince and disturb his slumber.

"Wei WuXian after this class is done, come to the principal's office ASAP. Understood?"

"But!!! I am done with the test, why am I supposed to stay up; you wouldn't even let me leave the class when you allowed others to leave as soon as they were done." Xian whined as he was definitely not in the mood for a scolding by the principal.

"Yes! And we all know that no one is allowed to leave the class till half time of the exam is over, and here you are completing your test in less than an hour, you expect me to let you go out so that the notorious prince could cause havoc again. And just for your information sir, principal called for you, it wasn't me. " The professor sighed leaving his back on his seat.

"What did I do this time?" Xian whined like 3 years old but it was no good as no one cared to bother. Since everyone one knew it was of no use. Obviously it was the notorious Wei WuXian, who might have a jolly smile, and looked cute at his first looks but he is the nephew of the principal of the institute. No one wanted to get involved in the family drama. And since everyone knew it was nothing new for him to be called out to the office during lectures. Why? That was a whole another mystery itself.

"Welcome Your Highness!!!" the principal nodded at the entrance of his spoilt nephew.

No doubt he was one of the best students and was pursuing law as his on choice atop of that on a scholarship. He was a humble person, a lovely soul, he was passionate with everything he ever did in his entire life, but always failed to please his mother .His father or the other hand was as loving and proud of him as any other father would be, but because of his busy routine he never had time for Xian. The only few people who ever appreciated Wei was his elder sister Yanli, his uncle Chen Fang (the principal), and his best friend Jiang Chang, who had to leave him and go back to Shanghai to take over his family business. Xian was practically alone, especially after Jiang left since his uncle was busy running a college and his sister preparing for her marriage that was due until next year but jiejie is jiejie.