Chapter 41: Changes

“It was nice working with you Mr. Wei Yao. I’ll look forward for our future meetings.” He said with a subtle smile, as he shook hands with Wei Yao.

“No doubt about it Mr. Lan, it was an honor for Wei Cops to be working with Lan ent. as well”

Yao stood up from his seat and guided his guest out of the conference room.

They had finished one of the many contacts both companies started together, after Wei Yao came back, Mr. Wei made him the new CEO of the company while LAN ent. was given to Lan WangJi as Qiren had no hair, plus more than 50% shares of the company already belonged to his late father, so he became the soul hair of the LAN ent.

“WangJi?” Yao called out WangJi who looked like in a daze; he didn’t even notice that they were already in Yao’s office.

“huh? Yes Ge?” WangJi responded in a stunned tone

“Stop thinking about the past already, it’s been 6 years already. Stop dwelling in the past, it will only hurt you nothing more.” Yao said as he rubbed WangJi’s back with concern.

“Yao ge! Can I ask you something?” WangJi said, in a polite tone

“Go ahead when did you start acting all formal with me huh?” Yao teased to lighten up the mood

“Ge, did you ever thought if you could turn back time and stop all of it from happening?” WangJi asked, while a lone tear fell from his brown orbs

“Hey! WangJi, stop it already, what’s the point in shedding tears now” Yao said patting his back, “And for the question, well I think about it all the time, each and every second of my life. But, there’s nothing we can do. We have to live with the guilt; nothing more nothing less”

After saying so both fell into deep silence, WangJi was again fallen into his thoughts about that cursed day, he recalled how he was happy with the one he loved more than anything else and how; just in matter of moments he faced his biggest nightmares.

It’s been six years and yet WangJi still can’t erase those memories from his head. He still wakes up in the middle of the night; sweating and panting. Experiencing it all; again and again.

He was brought out of his trance when Xing Chen called out for him;

 “Mr. Lan? Sir? LAN WANGJI!!!” Xing Chen nearly yelled at him

“Huh? What happened Xing Chen?” WangJi asked with bewilderment making both Yao and Xing Chen chuckle.

“Sir, I was telling you that’s it’s already past 1:30, Young Master will start throwing tantrums at you if you are late again.” Xing Chen re-stated again

“Xing Chen… How many times do I have to tell you not to call me sir? Why can’t you just call me by my name?” WangJi deadpanned

“So. You actually just heard the sir part and what about the rest?” Xing Chen face palmed, it had been typical of WangJi to get lost in his thought often, especially whenever he visits this particular building.

“No. I heard it all” Saying so he stood up from his seat, “Yao ge, I’ll take my leave now, you know very well about A-Yuan’s tantrums right, he’ll throw me out this time I guess” Saying so he chuckled at his son’s behavior and left the office.

“Sometimes I wonder how many more years is he going to take before he forgets about all of that and starts living without guilt.” Xing Chen said before bidding Yao goodbye and following WangJi’s trances

After they left, Yao slummed down in his chair, turned the char towards the gloomy sky, it was noon yet the sky seemed like it was already nearing night time. For him the grey clouds were always gloomy but it was the total opposite for his baby brother. He chuckled at the thought of how young Xian would drag him out in the rain.