Chapter 42: His Beloved

“Xian… Take me with you… Xian… A-Xian!!!” 

“WangJi!!! WangJi… Wake up… It’s a nightmare… Hey wake up already…”

He felt warmth all over his body, he was in a warm embrace now; WangJi opened his eyes to meet the worried eyes of his love.

“Don’t leave me” WangJi called out, holding onto the warm body as tears started falling from his eyes again.

 “Shhh!! I’m here, I’m here, in your arms. You can feel me right? relax… I’m here my love, stop crying” The voice that broke WangJi’s nightmare, the warmest voice he’d ever hear was there to shelter him from his darkest of memories.

After crying for a few more moments, WangJi finally calmed down and hugged his beloved more tightly, making the latter chuckle.

“Hey, you’re squeezing me”

“You deserve it…” WangJi said making an angry face, still holding his beloved in his embrace.

“I’m sorry my love but you know I had to attend that seminar it was important. Stop pouting like a baby lion, now tell me why were you holding that picture again?”

“I… I just remembered that day and…” WangJi wanted to continue but a soft pair of lips interrupted his speech

“Love… When will you stop living in the past, it’s been 6 years already. No matter how many scenarios we think about nothing would have changed na.”

“But still, I still have regret”

“Enough, I hate it when you suffer like that. You know I was really excited today, thinking that when I’ll come back home you’ll greet me at the door and hug me tight enough to break my bones, I haven’t seen you for over 3 days and here I am, walking on to my husband, drenched in sweat, shivering, having a nightmare” while speaking such words, tears could easily be seen in the eyes while the voice itself cracked.

“Baby… I’m sorry, I didn’t know I was hurting you, I’m sorry” WangJi said, caressing the cheeks, wiping the tears away.

“You know,*sniffs* seeing you getting hurt like this every day, seeing you all worked up every night in your sleep even when I’m beside you, watching that guilty face of yours hurts me more than the bullet that pierced my chest. You know there are times when I wish I wouldn’t have woken up…” Saying so, he broke down again.

“Baby… hush… Don’t say such things please, it hurts hearing you saying such stuff, look I’m sorry, I’m really sorry baby, please forgive me.” WangJi said hugging his better half tightly.

“WangJi… It really hurts me watching you like this… I feel like it’s my entire fault… Like you are suffering because of me…” He wanted to continue but he felt the embrace around him tighten.

“Stop saying that please… I just love you, I just can’t imagine you gone from my life, those 2 years were the worst of my life, I kept on thinking what if you didn’t stopped the bullet, what if you weren’t because of me, all those what if’s still haunt me baby, you ought to know that my love” 

WangJi exclaimed, getting up from his chair with his crying beloved still in his arms.

“So… So you want me to suffer again, so you wanted me to die with regret, WangJi I spent half my life thinking that my ge died because of me, and then you wanted me to live the rest of my life thinking that my love died because of me huh?” 

Saying so; he started crying more. It was hard for him to watch his love suffering like that every now and then, living with the guilt, living with a burden.