Chapter 43: 5 Years Ago.

Flashback 5 years ago:

He was trapped in pitch darkness before he saw something like his beloved’s shadow, shining like diamonds. He chased it, called it out but the latter never headed his steps till it stopped in front of a door. 

Gasping for air as he’s been running after the shadow for a while now; looked at it with bewilderment. But; before he could say a word, the shadow beat him to it.

“I’m not the one you seek for, the one your heart desires is waiting for you on the other side of this door. But before you cross this door, let me tell you that the path you seek is nothing but filled with thorns and pain, it demands sacrifices and surrender, it requires devotion and understanding, it seeks firmness and patience, it aims purity and faith, and on top of all it reminds you of your flaws and love.

So before you cross the door, do you think you’ll stay devoted, loyal and pure to the one on the other side? Are you willing to wait for the other to come to you? If your answer is yes, then gladly cross this door and I’ll bless you. But, if you are hesitant, then don’t…”

But before the shadow could continue, he opened the door and got engulfed by sharp rays of light.

Blinking his eyes, so he could get used to the sharpness of the light; he felt a soft touch on his cheeks; soft as the rose petals. And latter loud screechingly cute giggles; 

“Baba, Baba… Papa, papa is moving…”

Frowning at the uninvited sound he tried to see around him, but to his demise he was greeted by the white walls and sounds of machines beeping, indicating that he was in a hospital. Tilting his head to see the face of the owner of the soft hand and the giggles; his eyes met two deep dark pearls, resting in white globes that had a tint of pink in them. 

He reached out to caress the soft hand but to his shock the hand had already found its way towards his face, and the soft hands were caressing his both cheeks, while transparent pearls were leaking the beautiful orbs. He moved his hand towards the cheeks of the cutest creature he has ever seen, wiping away his tears.

He tried speaking through his hoarse voice, “S-Stop crying l-little one…” Making the toddler smile, 

“Hm, I won’t cry *sniff*, papa wait a minute, I’ll call the doctor uncle and baba and tell them you are already up.” Saying so the toddler moved from the bed and walked towards the door but halted his step as the elder spoke again

“P-Papa? W-who are you baby?” He was curious about what was happening, last he remember was him being in the arms of his beloved before pain took over.

Hearing the voice, the kid stopped in his trance; shyly turning towards the elder, he smiled the brightest he ever could.

“You don’t know me yet papa, that’s why I’m going to call dad. You know he’ll be really happy seeing you up. And by the way, I’m your son A-Yuan” giggling and clapping his hands, the kid left Wei WuXian in his trances.

“My son? How is that possible? Maybe someone’s pulling a prank over me? Wait, why did that kid looked like WangJi?” Xian was so immense in his thoughts that he failed to notice someone enter the room, until he heard something crashing on the floor.

Looking up all he could see was the teary eyes of his lover, who seemed like he had frozen in his spot. Realizing the situation Xian gestured the later to come over,

“WangJi!!! Please come here…*sniff*” Saying so Xian realized that he also had tears in his eyes.

Hearing the voice that WangJi longed for so damn long, he shrugged all the thoughts away and dashed towards the other, embracing him in a tight hug and showering kisses all over his face before he buried his face in the crook of the other’s neck, holding on to his sobs and sniffs.