Chapter 10. A tough day

Meanwhile, in the conference room the trio was waiting for the guys to arrive.

“Why did they call us here instead of…” WangJi was being curious when he was interrupted by Wen Ning.

“Don’t be rude and be happy with what you are getting. Did you forget Mr. Wei mentioning that he just arrived at Shanghai yesterday? Don’t forget to thank him.” Wen Ning instructed WangJi like a mother who would warn her son to behave in front of strangers.

“Well…… The reason I didn’t called you here instead of my office is one I still didn’t gotten any time to set my office yet and two; calling you at public attorney office would be a much bigger of a headache to deal with” the three boys were startled at the answer of the guy who just entered the room with a calm yet polite posture and a smile on his face.

“I am extremely sorry I didn’t mean to eves drop but you left the door open” Xian said trying to process the look on the guys’ faces and adjusting the glasses on his face.

“No, I must be the one apologizing” WangJi said as embarrassment took over “I should be thanking you but ended up complaining, I am extremely sorry for being inconsiderate.”

“Its… Ok Mr. Lan, this kind of misunderstanding was inevitable from the starting” Xian said while gesturing them to have a seat, while one of the workers was placing some files in front of Xian.

“Make yourself comfortable, none of you have to worry about anything, this floor and especially this room is off limits for our regular staff.” Chang said while trying to calm the tension among the guys already present inside the room.

“Lily, bring us two cups of black coffee and for these gentlemen……?” Chang instructed his secretary while gesturing towards his guests asking for their particular needs.

“No we are good, Thank you!” XiChen said with a smile.

“Miss Lily, bring us 5 cups of black coffee instead, Thank you!” Xian said with his angelic smile making everyone’s hearts flutter gain.

After the guys settled down and after Lily left the room after bringing their coffee Xian exhaled rather loudly, making Chang look at him.

“Mr. Lan before we start…” Xian converted his attention towards WangJi who looked like he is confused about something “I would like you to tell me about how all of this stated. Because, all these files have are a few statements from you and your manager and some photographs”

Every single soul in that room could easily tell that WangJi hated the idea just by how his face turned paler as he heard what Xian asked. But, WangJi had no other option; Xian was his lawyer after all.

After taking in a deep breath WangJi re-told the whole story about that night.

How he went drinking with XiChen and how he left the bar early, how he was about to fall and a guy caught him, how he took him in his car and stopped him from leaving, how that guy held him and how he placed his hands around him.

Pain and anger were easily seen on WangJi’s face as his face was getting paler and his eyes redder. XiChen and Wen Ning were also getting upset seeing WangJi like that.
While, Xian had his hand turned into a fist, his fist was bounded so tight that if he had a glass in his hand it would’ve shattered into piece as soon as WangJi mentioned that guy.

“Excuse me for a moment please.” Xian said before leaving the conference room. Anger and desperation could be easily seen on his face.

Chang read his best friends face like an open book and decided to follow him, leaving the guys in the room.  And followed his best friend into the men’s room, where he could see his friend hitting the wall in frustration.