Chapter 36: Regret

A/N: Extremely sorry for the late update... I'm having serious issues up my sleeves... Things aren't pretty good at my ends so i hope you all understand...
I've tried uploading soon but i couldn't... I'm sorry for the delay and I'm sorry since i don't know when I'll be able to upload the next chapter....
I hope you all understand....
Sorry and love you all...
Aymie❤️
_______________________________

No matter how much Xian hated the fact of standing in front of Madam Wei yet watching her pale skin and bruised face triggered him, making his eyebrows frown out of anger and frustration. He was getting pissed at the people who did that to her, ignorant of his own feelings; his heart was aching at the sight in front of him.

“Dad… Why is Madam Wei here?” Xian frowned, making the rest of the group a bit un-easy, they though Xian is back on being the untamed one.

But, Yanli somehow understood what Xian was asking about.

“A-Xian… Mom wanted to come home and spend some time with us and the doctor also said that she needs to spend time with her family.” She said patting Xian’s shoulders.

“What about the test results?” Xian again tried hiding his feelings and diverted the attention.

Yet WangJi saw right through him, he went towards him; making Xian look at him and as soon as their gaze met, Xian melted, tears roamed inside his dark orbed eyes refusing to roam out. Yet somehow only WangJi could see the emotions in his eyes.

‘I… Why… Why am I feeling so much pain for her… Why do I feel like killing those two basters for cheating her…? Why do I feel like something’s stopping me from breathing…? Why does she look sad…Isn’t she supposed to be happy… I nearly died but why is her gaze so intense… Why does it look like she’s worried for me…? Why do I sense longing in her eyes… Why do I feel like hugging her and embracing her…? Doesn’t she hate me anymore? Mummy… Can I love her a little? I promise I won’t give her all the love but she looks lonely… She might be missing gege right…?’

“The doctor will personally bring them over in case of any issue, rest assured Xian.” Xue said, snatching Xian out of his thought.

“Mn” Xian could only hum, as he was trying his best to avert his eyes from the rest of the people standing and sitting in the dining hall.

He wanted to leave the room but suddenly he jolted up as he felt a pair of cold yet soft hands around his wrist. His heart sank, as he refused to look back, he knew who that person was yet he couldn’t look back.

“A-Xian… Sorry” Madam Wei said, holding Xian’s wrist as if her life depended on it. She knew that if this time Xian left; there’s no way in hell he’ll ever look back at her.

“Xian… I'm really sorry, I know you hate me, and I know I deserve it but Xian… Please forgive your mama... Mama knows that she has done you wrong, mama knows that you hate her, but Xian… Xian forgive mama, I was wrong, I was blinded by hatred that forgot that you were just a small boy. Xian mama has done wrong all her life, mama has pained you. Xian mama took your gege away from you as well, but Xian… Mama also lost Yao too, mama lost her husband too, and that was long ago.”

Mrs. Wei was sobbing, holding on to her step-sons hands. That made every single soul there pity that one woman, the woman who would send shivers down spines by a glance, yet she is begging her step-son to forgive her.

Yanli was crying as well, Mr. Wei, WangJi, Xue and Xing were at the brink of crying as well, the rest stood there shocked as they didn’t knew the family drama.

But the one affected the most was Xian himself; he was trying his best to not show his tears to anyone.

He held is head low, trying his best to loosen the grip but was failing drastically.