Chapter 31: Emotions

“WangJi, if you are going to hurt him later, just go away now…” Xing said in between his tears leaving WangJi blind-folded

“Why? What do you mean?” WangJi asked raising his voice

“Calm down WangJi, he meant what he said; look Xian has already suffered a lot. He was at the brink of losing his sanity, it took a lot just to keep him sane, and it took us years to make him open up, for us he’s more than just a friend. He’s like out guardian angel but the irony is even if he can protect all of us, he’s the one getting hurt all the time, in 5 years of being beside him I’ve never seen a sincere smile on his face ever, he’s faking it all, being happy or looking pleased he’s faking it all. There’s already nothing left of him inside that hard shell of his, if you are planning of breaking that shell just leave before he loses that too.”

Xue’s tone was cold and concerned.

After what Xue said, all three went silent, Xing who was crying was comforted by his husband, yet WangJi stayed there for moments, after thinking something he got up and moved towards Xian’s room.

Xue wanted to stop him yet Xing contained his husband from interfering.

Inside Xian’s room, Xian somehow managed to take a shower with his bruised body, he came out wearing his trousers and sat on his bed, after he lay on his bed he started crying his heart out, he was sad, upset, devastated and on top of that scared. He almost killed a person, and that in front of the person he can’t afford to lose.

He cried and cried for a long time, and then he got up and went towards the wall opposite to his bed. There were tons of small and 3 big photo frames on that wall, one frame had a picture of His father and Mother, when they were high-school sweethearts, the other one had a portrait of his father with his two siblings and the third one had no picture on it. This frame was supposed to have a picture of WangJi and him, if he ever got the chance to even meet him.

The rest of the frames, they were hung as if they were revolving around the three frames, they had Xian’s entire life recorded in them, pictures of him and his father, some had Yao and Yanli in them as well. For a moment Xian looked at the picture and the other moment Xian completely lost it. In a matter of seconds he started grabbing the frames and throwing them across his room.

The moment when Xian grabbed a second frame; WangJi barged in his room. Looking at Xian, who was now a crying mess and breaking stuff he hurried to Xian and held him.

“Xian… What’s wrong… stop it…” WangJi said grabbing the photo frame from Xian who was resisting the hold on his body

“Let go of me… Leave me… Go away…” Xian was a crying mess; he was screaming, yelling, jolting and crying altogether.

“I won’t leave, even if you beg me. I’ll stay so stop it already” WangJi said tightening his grip around Xian

“You’ll leave me, just like mom did, just like ge did, you will leave me one day so why not now… Leave me WangJi… I want to be alone” Xian cried.

“I fucking love you, what is there that you don’t understand Xian… I love you for God sake, snap out of it please.” WangJi said rubbing Xian’s back

“You’ll eventually hate me… I know it, I almost killed your uncle, I’m evil, I have hurt people… I… I…” Xian was stuttering confessing his deeds and while crying he confessed everything he ever did. Leaving WangJi in an utter shock, WangJi gulped down his dry saliva as he heard Xian.

Just moments later, WangJi’s grip around Xian’s waist loosened, he let go of Xian and stood up. He then looked around the room, heaved a sigh and left the room. Xian was in an indescribable dilemma.