Chapter 29: Unthinkable

Moments after the gunshots were heard, WangJi knelt on the ground with Xian in his arms, he had tears in his eyes yet his lips could only mutter his beloved's name.

"Xian… Xian… Baby…"

The same moment he heard both Qi Ren and Ming Jue granting and struggling, as both were held by men, wearing all black.

"Let me go… You son of a bitch… Let me go…” they both groaned in a union.

They were both shocked at the turn of events and what shocked them more was how Xue ran towards Xian.

"Sean… Master… Are you alright? Xian…" Xue screamed at the top of his lungs.

WangJi was stunned and the other two couldn't believe their ears and eyes, did they just got played by a boy?

"You… lied to us…" Qi Ren hovered in his platonic voice, yet no one bothered answering that stupid old man.

"It doesn't matter, we got rid of that Wei WuXian, nothing can harm us now and for these dogs, they don't know how much power i have, i can easily destroy them" Ming Jue hissed as his voice had a little pleasure hidden in it

"Well… If I were you, I'd really choose a rather different tone Mr. Nie” A voice near WangJi snapped him out of the dilemma of losing his beloved.

"Xian…" WangJi was stunned

"Master…" Even Xue could feel shivers down his spine at the cold attitude of the guy who was just shot moments ago.

But what shocked the latter was how he got back on his feet, brushing off the dust from his white hoddie, and there wasn't a single drop of blood.

"Xian… What…" WangJi and Xue both hovered in unison

"It's called acting Xue and you idiot you did you just called me a pathetic man moments ago… I'll get back at you…" Xian said with a smirk but then he looked at WangJi who looked beyond shocked

"Baby… I'm sorry, please forgive me, I'll tell you everything after I'm done but promise me after all of this is done you'll forgive me" Xian said bending down, holding the shoulders of his beloved and holding him in a quick embrace.

"Ian... Mom...” The moment Xian let go of WangJi he ordered one of the guys to check on his step-mother.

"Don't worry master… The bullet was just a flank; Madam Wei is just shocked at the moment, nothing else" Ian and Xue both said in a union.

"But... But how?" Qi Ren and Ming Jue were shocked.

"Simple…" Xian smirked pulling off his hoddie to show the latter that he was wearing a bulletproof vest "You really thought i was that naive that I'll walk straight into your trap, just like that?" Xian chuckled

"How dare you Xue Yang?" Ming Jue tried getting rid of the men holding him but the struggle was useless.

"Stop bickering, Ian take mother to the hospital and take a couple of guys with you, and someone take WangJi back to my apartment before these two fuckers try anything else" Xian said in a cold yet hovering tone.

"Well… It's actually really simple, money can't buy loyalty, you thought 10 million could buy me, you thought with that bag of money you could convince me to kill the person I own my life too. Well guess what? While trying to play Xian, you got played by us" Xue gazed at them with hatred and despair

"You played us…" Qi Ren yelled.

"Yes… I did and you know the fun part, you all thought you were the one trapping me, but look at you. I pity you and Ming Jue i just feel sorry for you, you wanted to fuck me right? Boys let him go, i want to see him try" Xian chuckled without humor.