Chapter 28: Betrayal

Warning: Indecent language, kidnapping and gunshots .

**************

“I can help you if you want, but before I help you, you have to answer me honestly about something.” Xing said, walking towards the worried guy who was busy burning his brain cells.

“Just help me; I need to get to Xian no matter what, or else…” WangJi couldn’t bring himself to say the rest.

“Do you love Xian?” Xing was calm as ever, even knowing that Xian might be in danger right now, he’s the calm one.

“Why are you asking me that?” WangJi was shocked.

“If you want me help you then answer me and Mr. Lan I really need you to be extremely honest.”

“Hurry up and ask.”

“Do you love our Xian?”

“Yes I love him.” WangJi didn’t like the way Xing said OUR, but right now he didn’t had anytime to bicker

“How much? Can you accept him for what he is?” Xing was worried about what WangJi would do when he founds out the truth.

“Xiao what are you getting at, please I really need to go to him. He’s in danger.” WangJi was impatient

“Will you love him even if he is wrong, even if he had committed a sin, or even if he had killed anyone?”

WangJi’s heart sank at Xing’s words. What is he even trying to say, why would Xian ever kill someone or even harm them? What is wrong with this guy? WangJi asked himself.

“I love him and I’ll love him no matter what he has done or what he’ll become in the future.” WangJi was determined without knowing the truth.

“Will you be able to protect him?” Xing said with soft smile on his face “Ahhh… I’m curious about you now Lan WangJi”

“I’ll answer all of your questions later, I need to go please, tell me where his going.” WangJi couldn’t waste another moment, it’s already been an hour since Xian left, WangJi’s mind was malfunctioning because of all the crazy thoughts.

“Ok.. Here…” Xing gave WangJi a tracking device, “His car is bugged and you can track him with this.” Xing sighed at the sight of Lan WangJi running out side as soon as he got the device but was stopped by the guards.

The guards were there to stop WangJi from going after Xian; it was all a part of plan. But, fortunately they forgot where the guards were standing that moment, it was Sean’s territory. With a small signal from Xing, the men inside the house, pretending to be average working all rushed to help WangJi, breaking their grip and freeing WangJi.

WangJi took a couple of seconds to process the entire situation, then he looked back at Xing who was standing at the door and bowed, Xing bowed back “WangJi please be careful and bring Xian back.” Xing who never raised his voice practically screamed behind WangJi who just drove off in his car.

It’s been nearly 2 hours since the call came; it took Xian over one and half hour to withdraw the money being demanded, and another 30 minutes to reach an isolated factory area.

He parked his car at the entrance and went inside naively, holding on to the bag filled with money. As he set foot inside the immense hall, he could see around 10 men, face covered and holding guns that were all pointed at Xian. Xian gasped, but then he saw a few more people in normal attire as he kept on walking as the men with guns directed him. He already knew who the men were just by looking at their backs; he knew something was going to happen but the way they used his step-mother made him want to puke.