Chapter 5. Acceptance

“Jiejie, I trust him with my life and I love him. Isn’t that enough for me to go there and fight for him?” Xian continued with his food till the very last drop of the soup was cleaned as if rubbed with a fine piece of clothing.

After Xian was done with his food, he went in the living room, where his sister was sitting on the couch. Gazing as his sister he laid down, sneaking into his sisters lap, he placed his head on his sister lap who looked like she’d start crying any moment.

Xian and Yanli have always been close but after they lost their elder brother 7 years ago, their bond became much stronger. Yanli’s passiveness was one of the reasons why Xian wasn’t allowed to move out, even when he somehow managed to convince his father he decided not to go because of his sister.

It was Xian’s brother’s death that made Yanli realize that she might lose her baby brother one day as well, unable to hold him in her arms. She was relentless when it came to Xian, she would start a war if need be.

But, right now, right this very moment she was feeling helpless as she knew it was time to let her little bird leave the nest and try flying on his own. But, the idea itself scared Yanli immensely. Stroking her baby’s hair, she kept on nagging like a caring and loving mom, which she has always been for Xian.

“Xianxian, you are allergic to seafood and dust, keep that in mind. Your alcohol tolerance is poor; don’t drink too much when you are out. Yes and keep A-Chang with you when you are totally alone. You never know when you’ll start feeling uneasy so keep your inhaler with you all the time. Don’t forget to wash-up daily, and you have to be well fed all the time. Don’t drive when you are tired or drunk…………..” Yanli kept on going for almost an hour.

And Xian, well he fell asleep in his sister’s lap as soon as she started nagging, Xian looked like a baby when he was sleeping, all crawled-up in a ball and snoring like he’s humming a tone in his sleep. As soon as Yanli stopped nagging and instructing her didi, she woke him up as she was worried he might miss his flight.

After freshening up, as Xian walked out of his shower, he saw his sister packing all of his necessary and un-necessary stuff into his bags, which left Xian into a little chuckle that made his sister feel a bit offended but she couldn’t help her motherly lover towards her baby bird.

As Xian set his foot out for the airport, Yanli finally broke into tears. Million thoughts crossed her mind, of which majority was the bad ones, but she just couldn’t hold her tears back. Xian stepped back in a snap and hugged his sister.

“Jiejie, don’t worry. Your Xianxian is strong enough to go out in the world, plus this time I have to fight for myself. Stop crying and wish me luck, who knows when I return, I’ll bring you a brother-in-law, holding his hands and then you’ll have to spoil him for me as well. But, jiejie you have to promise me that you won’t get jealous of my husband okay? ” Xian chuckled, with his forever young naughty looks on his face.

Kissing his sister goodbye, he left out; million different emotions took over him. Somehow, staying firm he made it to the airport, after getting all the documentations done, he finally made it to his seat.

After settling down the first thought that crossed his mind was of calling Jiang Chang. But, he stopped as he knew that lazy ass friend of his might still be sleeping, somewhere all drunk.

As soon as the airhostess started with all the announcements, Xian suddenly felt his heart beating a lot faster than normal but he clinched his fist near his hear and calmed himself.

“WEI WUXIAN!!!! Snap out of it. If you bitch-out of it now, you’ll never be able to stand true to your word and never ever would you be able to brag about your feeling let alone protecting someone else, so stop being a whiny bitch and man up!!!!”