Chapter 40: Fear.

A/N: i know i deserve some beating but please spare me.... Sorry for the extreeeeeemeeee late update but things just keep on happening....
Enough with my whining...
Enjoy....
Love.:
Aymie_Lee
❤️❤️❤️

Xian’s POV:

After WangJi left, I let myself fall on the chair beside me. If I’d say that I wasn’t tired or in pain, it’d be a big fat lie. Truth be told, last few weeks were the actual representation of living in hell. A lot of things happened recently but the last 48 hours were actual hell for me.

My body, it’s reaching its limit. The pain I’m feeling in my body is beyond words, even while breathing I can feel excruciating pain in my chest but I can’t complain and especially I can’t let WangJi know. It’s not that I don’t trust him or love him any less, God knows I love that guys more than my own life, it’s just I don’t want to make him worry about me.

Not even a single minute would have passed before I received a call; I honestly hate that device now. At first, I wanted to ignore it but my cellphone kept on buzzing. Upon looking at my phone, I know I frowned as it was a call from the police station. So with no other options left I had to answer the call.

“Wei WuXian speaking. How may I help you officer?” I tried being polite.

“Mister Wei, I’m officer William. I’m the one in charge of your case and Lan Qiren and Nie MingJue were kept under my supervision.” The officer on the other side responded.

“So… Can I know the purpose of a sudden call officer?” I continued

“Mr. Wei, something happened. Honestly speaking something went wrong terribly.”

Upon hearing a statement like that from the officer, my breath hitched. ‘What could have happened? Did they found out about mom? Why am I worrying?’ Many thoughts crossed my mind in a blink of a second.

“And what might that be” I had to keep my cool, I hate showing off my weakness.

“About an hour ago, both criminals were brought into the interrogation room. After 25 minutes of QnAs; Lan Qiren opened his mouths and spilled the beans.”

“And….”

“After the session they were supposed to be escorted back to their cells when Nie MingJue started struggling against an officer and grabbed a hold on the pistol.”

Ok… Now I’m getting scared. ‘What did he just say? MingJue grabbed a gun…. What’s going on? Can’t they even look after the criminals that were presented to them on golden platter?’ This entire situation was like a cue for my anxiety to get triggered but I had to keep my cool.

After a long pause the officer continued

“He… He shot a couple of rounds from that gun, as a result one of our officers got shot along with Lan Qiren. I don’t know how to contact his family and I was told that his nephew was your close friend so I had to inform you that he passed away as he got shot in his head.”

I know… I might sound weird but my body froze as soon as I heard that Lan Qiren died.

‘He was perfectly fine just 12 hours ago, threating me and what not. But, wait… WangJi… What about him? How am I supposed to tell him that? He was his uncle… He was imprisoned because of me. Wait. I just killed Qiren… Will WangJi leave me now; I killed his uncle didn’t i? He’ll hate me… NO… I can’t… He can’t…'

I was having an internal debate and unknown to my conscious I was beginning to have a panic attack. But, I had to keep strong, I had to tell WangJi myself, he’ll hate me more if he hears it from someone else. Gathering all the strength left inside my body I ran towards the conference hall where WangJi was headed.