Chapter 4. Blind Trust

“Xianxian he left, he’s gone, and he won’t be coming back…..” Wei Yanli hovered holding her brother in her arms.

“Jiejie! Jiejie!” Xian held his sister in his arms, trying his best to snap her out of the dilemma she was in.

“Jiejie! He’s not gone; uncle just borrowed him for a couple of weeks. Please snap out of it. What happened? Do you miss him already? I’m here. You have me don’t you?” Xian’s hug tightened around his sister.

“Xianxian, do you think I’ll be crying over a bunny, Uncle just borrowed him for a few days.” Yanli stroked her brothers’ head like he was a 3 years old.

“Then what jiejie? Why do you look so worried and why do you look so sad?”

“It’s your crush. It’s your WangJi!!!”

“Jie….. Jie… what??? what happened to him. Is.. Is he…” Xian was shocked at the words of his sister.

His heart sank when he realized that his sister said that he was gone. And his sister kept stroking his hair to calm Xian who looked like he’d start panicking any moment now.

“He’ll be alright, he won’t be hurt, he’ll be perfectly fine jiejie, don’t worry. I know my WangJi” Xian said all of that with red eyes but kept himself firm.

“Xianxian just come over here and look at it yourself.” Yanli added, creasing her brothers’ arms. Then she grabbed Xian by his hand and dragged him across the hall to her room, where the news was turned on.

“Lan WangJi, after being accused of drug usage, decided to leave the entertainment industry. He said his goodbyes through his twitter account and after that he removed everything else from his official account. Our officials have confirmed the news with his company, but his company is still refusing to make any remark about it on the news. Lan WangJi on the other hand is nowhere to be found; even his personal manager has failed to contact him. We are live from Shanghai……… ”

“It’s all a lie jie, he would never touch something like drugs, leave alone the part that he admitted it. He is not that kind of a person to begin with. I know him, I trust him, and I trust in myself, I could never love someone who is wrong.” Xian started blabber everything that crossed his mind that very moment. He started chocking on his emotions as tears rolling down his cheeks.

For anyone who didn’t knew him, it was more of a melodramatic moment, even someone would’ve laughed at him but not his sister, as she knew how much this person meant for her younger brother. For her brother, who gave up on living years ago, this singer made him want to live again, now that she saw him losing his reason of living she couldn’t help but stand and stare at her brother who was practically breaking down. She felt so helpless at that very moment, she just wanted her brother to stay safe and keep living, and she can’t lose him too.

After a few moments, Xian got up, somehow managing himself to standup straight; he came towards his sister and hugged her.

“Jiejie I have an exam tomorrow, can you wake me up after a couple of hours, I need to study” Xian asked his sister as he left her room and went to his own, he went there locked the room, fell onto his bed, cried and fall asleep.

After a couple of hours when Yanli went to wake Xian up, he was already up and zoomed out inside his books, seeing him like that made Yanli a bit relieved that at least he have exams to keep his mind off from WangJi and the entire ordeal. After studying the entire night, Xian fell asleep on his working chair.
But, just after a few moments his alarm rang and he got up, got dressed, went downstairs and had his breakfast. Seeing him acting all normal Yanli couldn’t put her finger at what exactly was wrong with him or why was he acting like that? Was he too shocked of the news? Or was he just trying to avoid the chapter as a whole to begin with? Well whatever the issue was, she didn’t want to distract her brother from his exam.