Chapter 15: Regret

Wednesday:

It was around 11:30 in the noon and Xian was waiting for everyone else to arrive for the private hearing.

No one apart from the one’s directly related to the case was allowed inside the hearing room so even XiChen was not supposed to go inside and because of that Chang never showed up.

At the hearing; at first the case looked lost to Xian as he didn’t expected his opposition to be much more head strong then him, he had gathered all the previous records of WangJi drinking and stated that he was an unstable drunk.

It was all going down the hill for Xian until he decided to play his final moves, one of which was to bring Wen Chao to the court room and place revert the attention from WangJi.

Xian was a master mind and he had already played Wen Chao without him even noticing. At the display of all information gathered against him, he couldn’t hide his expression but the hammer hit the nail when Xian exposed himself for trapping Wen Chao in his trap.

He explained that how He deliberately went out with WangJi and saw Wen Chao stalking them, how he let him click the picture when someone hired by Xian took Wen’s pictures while stalking them and lastly the matching tattoo.

This information shocked WangJi to the core, all of that was a part of Xian's plan to find proof against Wen Chao…

The prosecutor himself was in disbelief at Xian’s actions. They were never illegal but too risky for anyone to attempt them. Even after all that the judge wasn’t convinced enough to let WangJi off the hook till Xiao placed WangJi’s blood results.

This particular test is done to detect any drug intake since last 5-6 years and WangJi was as clear as a crystal.

After resting his case and leaving the judge to decide Xian looked happily at WangJi who was still in disbelief that Xian did all of that and without WangJi knowing.

WangJi never knew that he was the reason behind his sudden asthma attack and his step mother’s yelling and all of that crap the news said about Xian.

But as instructed by Xian himself he was not allowed to show any emotion during the trial WangJi kept his poker face all the time.

The judge took his fair share of time before clearing WangJi’s name and letting him off the hook and also instructed his company to re-sign his contract and stuff like that.

The judge was about to stand up when Xian presented another file to the judge, the judge was shocked so were the people inside the court room. Upon being asked Xian politely replied

“Your highness now I would like to sue Mr. Wen Chao for falsely accusing my client Lan WangJi, on top of that for sexual harassment and forcing him in the intake of drugs that my client somehow managed to avoid and lastly for bribing the news Channel. Plus I would like to sue xxx News Channel for the deliverance of false information and also for receiving bribe and treating the public like false. And lastly I would like for the judge to be courteous enough to re-open Mr. Wen Chaos Drug case as it was left un-cleared years ago”

Xian’s gaze was cold and his lips were curved up in a smirk

Re-opening the drug case of Wen Chao was more like a death sentence for him, he yelled, wailed and begged while being dragged away, While Xian had his signature smirk on his face as usual, that could kill this guy if he’d stare at him for too long.

Deep down Xian was relieved that he has taken his revenge; he was not even shaken when Wen Chao yelled at him before getting dragged away by the guards.

“Wei WuXian I will get back at you… I will make you pay… I will make you suffer…”

“I’ll wait for that Mr. wen Chao.” Xian said while winking at Wen Chao who was now completely gone from the scenario.