Chapter 6. What about you?

It’s been 38 hours now since Lan WangJi made it to the highlights of every news channel and now is the most trending among social media, his fan base is going crazy as of no one has heard anything about their beloved “Wang”. 

Wang (meaning King) was the stage name Lan WangJi chose for himself, there were more than one reason for that but this fans made him feel like a king whenever he was out in the public or having minor interactions with anyone. 

The fun fact was that Wang was born in august making his zodiac a Leo that was more reason for him to act like a lion and a king.

WangJi was famous not just because of his looks; he was famous for being the most humble yet calm person in the industry, making headlines multiple times for his massive donations and his actions towards others. He out of many idols knew how it felt to be helpless and what the word “struggle” meant.

It was about time when a news channel announced:

“Lan WangJi has called a press conference at 2:00pm today. We will be looking forward to what Mr. Lan has to say this time and how will he be able to protect himself after all that he has done, the Drug Control Department China has officially issued a search warrant for Mr. Lan but we still don’t know if he’ll be arrested or not, stay toned and we will take you to the exclusive interview with Lan WangJi within an hour.”

“Yes. I am a king, I am Wang, I can do that, and I will do it!!!” WangJi said to himself while dazing off into a memory. 

It was a memory when his father left them all alone.

After his father left, he had to take care of his mother and his studies, money was also a big hurdle to cross at the age of 15, as a minor he was never given a proper job but a couple of minor jobs like a chore boy, or at a construction site where he was supposed to deliver tea and refreshments. He once took on the job of paper delivery, all of this kept up for 2 straight years.

His mother started selling house stuff to pay up the debt or maybe just to be able to feed her young, precious child who was suffering way more than any other child of his age can handle.

They’d be nights when WangJi would stay up not because he wouldn’t be sleepy but because he would be in so much pain that he couldn’t even sleep.

 For 2 straight years he forgot that he was a human, he acted like an emotionless machine. Neither smiling nor crying, he stopped feeling what pain was, for him if he ever gave up he’ll lose his mother as well.

He was 17 when one day on his way to one of his part time jobs he saw a boy; someone small and timid was crying his eyes out sitting on the side bench outside a funeral house. By the looks of it the boy looked helpless and sick, his face all red and eyes bloodshot with red because of crying for who know how long. 

All WangJi saw in that boy was his 2 years old self, all helpless and broken. WangJi went there, sat near the boy and tried to comfort him. 

That boy had some injuries on his face and had some bandages wrapped around him, but still he was one of the cutest things WangJi had ever seen, black almond eyes with the tint of red made his eyes mesmerizing. WangJi couldn’t help but to hug this boy really tight. 

The boy on the other hand was beyond shocked with the sudden action from someone unknown.

“Who are you?” The sobbing boy asked while rubbing his eyes after he broke the tight hug.

“I’m… You can call me whatever you want, but first can you stop crying, you have a fever so please calm down. Why are you crying so much?” WangJi asked out of curiosity trying to calm this little boy in front of him.